Question about clowns

tbagdaly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my tank up and running for 6 months battling the usual issues but I did have a question about my clowns. I believe they are just plane Jane clowns from my lfs I asked to get a pair and they have been in the tank for about 8 weeks one has great orange colour and the other is a little more muted . I was told they were the same kind of clown but the bigger one is very mean to the smaller one . Should I bring one back to the store or just let them work it out ? I’ve been looking online and it looks like mine don’t get along from what I can tell
It’s a 2x2x2 cube with tons of lr good hiding spots .. the big clown gets along with the bengal cardinal really well and dosent show aggression to any other tank mates ( 2 clowns ) orchid dottyback , striped watchman and the bengal cardinal

any advice welcome and possible suggestions on adding any other tank mates that would fit

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "Big One" is the female and she will always beat up the male to keep him in line. The color difference is just incidental for two fishes, imo. IF the female has decided that the male isn't fit for mating she will kill him before she ever mates/lives with him. So, if she will have nothing to do with him and chases him constantly she has made up her mind and he has to go. On the other hand, if she just slaps him around every now and again then they are in a normal, healthy marriage and she can abuse him with impunity because she has rights and he's male. She will do this to any male, every now and again so don't replace him. :)

OP
OP
tbagdaly

tbagdaly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "Big One" is the female and she will always beat up the male to keep him in line. The color difference is just incidental for two fishes, imo. IF the female has decided that the male isn't fit for mating she will kill him before she ever mates/lives with him. So, if she will have nothing to do with him and chases him constantly she has made up her mind and he has to go. On the other hand, if she just slaps him around every now and again then they are in a normal, healthy marriage and she can abuse him with impunity because she has rights and he's male. She will do this to any male, every now and again so don't replace him. :)
Thanks I’ll keep an eye on just how bossy she is lol if it’s too much I’ll remove him
Appreciate the input

Back