WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am considering purchasing from Indo-Pacific Sea Farms (IPSF) and I have some questions about their products:
Do they continue to sell Tang Heaven Gold (Sargassum)?
What snails are packaged within their Live Sand Activator?

I sent them an email a few days ago, but they have not responded.

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a reef tune up and live sand activator order a couple of days ago. Not sure exactly but in the live sand activator I believe are the Hawaiian microturbo snails or the nerite grazers.

I've done an order from them one to two times a year for the past three years to add biodiversity to the system. I always get some live sand activator and wonder mud for what I hope is an additional boost of good mix of beneficial bacteria.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a reef tune up and live sand activator order a couple of days ago. Not sure exactly but in the live sand activator I believe are the Hawaiian microturbo snails or the nerite grazers.

I've done an order from them one to two times a year for the past three years to add biodiversity to the system. I always get some live sand activator and wonder mud for what I hope is an additional boost of good mix of beneficial bacteria.
I also got some micro hermits with my live sand activator package. I would second the live sand activator and wonder mud. I would probably skip the amphipods package next time... I also got mama mia worms and mini brittle stars. I can see the mama mia worms on my substrate sometimes. I have no idea where the brittle stars are now

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I will try to find a few tonight in my tank and snap a pick or two. Out right now so it may be a little while.

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever I have received in the past from ipsf and everything I received seems to be beneficial to my system my orders were always received in excellent condition I believe I even received some of their mama mia worms that I did not order but they probably got into my shipment I love them and they are doing very well in my system plus they sent me this blastomussa merleti as a gift.

Cmooreinor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their live sand booster and reef mud completely cleared my cyano…. And it has not come back! I would recommend them to add some nice diversity to any reef. Plus it’s cool to know I have a little bit of Hawaii in my system.

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry forgot to show picture of blastomussa merleti

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 190

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pictures?
That little guy surrounded by the asterina starfish. It's about the size of a pencil eraser. Maybe even a little smaller. As noted above I also believe there were some micro hermit crabs. Looked but they're all hiding in my 180.

Attachments

• 20211001_215726.jpg
    20211001_215726.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 170

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve order some stuff from them in the past and have been debating adding the wonder mud. I’m just confused what you do with it. Does it go in a container or just straight into a DT or sump?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took pics of my order on the first page of my build.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hhh’s-attempt-at-an-im-25-lagoon.808387

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dump it right in my DT on the sand. That with the live sand activator clouds the water a little for a short time.
+1 Wonder mud gets dumped right on your sand bed. But, if you have substrate in your sump refugium ... such as miracle mud or something else ... it can go there too.

I usually do a reef tuneup kit or a mix-n-match special every 6 months or so just to keep my micro-diversity healthy.

As far as the website goes, I don't think it's their main business ... but rather just a small side thing Gerald does in addition to the commercial-scale work/research they perform. So, I would think having a super-spiffy, high-tech website is not quite the highest priority. It works. Their stuff is great. And Gerald is always quick to ship. So not really anything to complain about...

OP
OP
WheatToast

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the wonderful replies and pictures everyone!
Those freebee corals are actually a little concerning, since I built my system without corals in mind (planted marine tank). Is it true that you need to order five SUPER Mix 'n Match Special items to get free corals, or has that changed?
Also, once again, does anyone have information on the Tang Heaven Gold (Sargassum)?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back