R2R Nano Aquarium Makeover! WIN prizes including the NEW Tunze 6020 pump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies, I had not seen the email related to this thread until today. The "oil" is a 20% glycerin solution used for a bench test of every pump we make, it is non toxic and only 5ml (1ml of glycerin) are added to every pump. We have done it this way since the 80's.

The crack in the pump should not have occured, I am happy to replace the pump, the prize products are just pulled from regular stock and are not picked out as "blems" to give away.

BTW, it will skim on the wet side, you should close the air as needed to collect a skimmate about the color of strong iced tea.

No worries, its working great after I used some super glue to fix the crack... I do think I over reacted a bit, and posted on the video that I was able to fix it... I am deleting the video rather than leaving it up. Glad to know about the glycerin. been running a low salinity high vinegar water through it for about two weeks now. its actaully skimming! and tehre wasn't anything in the water to skim! Im impressed. Actually worried that my flame scallop will not get enough to eat once I hook this thing up!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I do apologize for taking a week to get to you. I use AT&T and they seem to have their own opinion of what is spam and what is not and while I turned off the spam filter, things still get put their. Apparently I saw the thread because it was in my trash folder but I can only figure between all the spam I get from Chinese manufacturers I got carried away with the delete button. If this were to happen again, don't hesitate to email me directly at [email protected].

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my build!: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/nano-reefs/184025-innovative-marine-nuvo-8-build.html
IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8331.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thread closed due to contest ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back