Radion G6 Xr30 light schedule and spectrum

KillaB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a 525xl G2 tank and 4 x G6 XR30 Pro. I would like to start growing acropora later this year. And will probably use the AB+ setting.
Right now I only have fishes (1 Foxface and 2 Ocellaris) (I am being patient and I am waiting for my tank to be more stable before adding coral) but they really don't look great under the AB+ spectrum. All the templates I find online are always too blue for my liking. with the ramp up and down set on UV and blue only. (WWC and CoralLab)
has anyone used the AB+ during the day and only increased the red and green during the 2 ramping periods (morning and evening when I'm home) just for viewing purpose? would that compromise the acropora in any way?
Thank you

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about the spectrum changes you're asking about but I will say when I started using AB+ I felt the same way, that it was way too blue. After a while, I got used to it to the point that it looked normal to me. I then switched to LPS/Soft as my tank is LPS and I felt it was too blue again but now feels normal. I guess long story short, maybe give it a while and see if it grows on you.

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a 525xl G2 tank and 4 x G6 XR30 Pro. I would like to start growing acropora later this year. And will probably use the AB+ setting.
Right now I only have fishes (1 Foxface and 2 Ocellaris) (I am being patient and I am waiting for my tank to be more stable before adding coral) but they really don't look great under the AB+ spectrum. All the templates I find online are always too blue for my liking. with the ramp up and down set on UV and blue only. (WWC and CoralLab)
has anyone used the AB+ during the day and only increased the red and green during the 2 ramping periods (morning and evening when I'm home) just for viewing purpose? would that compromise the acropora in any way?
Thank
One thing i noticed is the tank looks very blue until you start to bring up the intensity. at 85% the everything looks a fair amount whiter.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back