Radium metal halide bulbs will not be produced anymore!

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's all the writing I can find on it

Attachments

• 17109813348351575036559514328851.jpg
    17109813348351575036559514328851.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 17109813731117225637539750762731.jpg
    17109813731117225637539750762731.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 17109813899809134420642144910897.jpg
    17109813899809134420642144910897.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 21

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although, I personally think the m132/m154 is closer, judging by the input amps, that's ultimately what's pulled out the wall. But I'm sure he is right and I just don't understand why..

Attachments

• 20240320_204302.jpg
    20240320_204302.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 36

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will they fire radium 20k 250w se?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine so... maybe a little underpowered, which equals blue er light, according to my understanding. I know that m132/m154 lights pheonix bulbs just as white as a true m80(according to me eyes). But yes it will run

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine so... maybe a little underpowered, which equals blue er light, according to my understanding. I know that m132/m154 lights pheonix bulbs just as white as a true m80(according to me eyes). But yes it will run
I also have the blue ice cap ballasts which ones would you guys run?

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use the magnetic ballast. Not sure which icecap it was but people complain of flickering or misfires sometimes. Magnetic will be more consistent
I also have some 10k "coral color" bulbs maybe the icecaps will work for those

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be making some of the reflectors from earlier in this thread but for now I have small ones from coralvue

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whos fault is it if its 1/2 the story?
And how does one draw a fair conclusion when you see stuff like this?

Sanjay switched to Radions back in 2016 after a complete tank crash..
This is pics of a 2.5yr old tank under said radions?
and you imply he regrets it?

cover-image
I don't think he regrets it.

Last edited:

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whos fault is it if its 1/2 the story?
And how does one draw a fair conclusion when you see stuff like this?

Sanjay switched to Radions back in 2016 after a complete tank crash..
This is pics of a 2.5yr old tank under said radions?
and you imply he regrets it?

cover-image
What a disgusting reef tank. Look at those distorted acros! He should bleach the entire tank and start over.
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Something Jake shared that I thought was interesting.

I think there’s still a lot we don’t know.
Considering the graph also shows chlorophyll b, I doubt it's useful. Corals have a and c2. Plants have a and b.

Aqua Bright Solutions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill of lading stated "64 pieces Metal Halide lamps".
There are 20 "models"on their website.
Draw whatever conclusion you like.

We need the right fixtures and ballast for the different applications. We need more lamps with quality! The market has nothing to offer to even get close to what is suppose to be. We all know that... Is that what you are talking about? To get used stuff is to survive, not optimal! This market is basically dead for halide gear. We only have ReefBrite and Giesemann Spectra fixtures from aquarium manufacturers. I can't disagree with you, if that is what you referring to.
Yup, to make your own is great, if you know what you're doing... Situation is bad right now. The only great news is that Radium is continuing to make their bulbs.
We agree with you 100% and for that reason we decided to continue offering the same quality Metal Halide bulbs. I will take this opportunity to answer some of the questions and comments we have seen about our brand. As many of you know, Hamilton is currently closed (unknown if it will open in the future). Dave and I (Alejandra) have been in this hobby for over 24 years and know the importance of Metal Halide bulbs to the proper growth of corals. We believe in the quality and spectrum of the bulbs to be some of the best in the hobby and wanted to continue offering them, even when many might say the hobby is dying, but as I said, "Only if we let it". We will be working on providing not only bulbs but also complete systems in the near future. If any of you have any suggestions to what products you would like us to bring back, feel free to let us know.

We received our first batch of bulbs under our new brand and there are more coming soon!
It takes a lot of effort to start from scratch, but we believe in what we do and hope to continue to receive your support!

OP
OP
A. grandis

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We agree with you 100% and for that reason we decided to continue offering the same quality Metal Halide bulbs. I will take this opportunity to answer some of the questions and comments we have seen about our brand. As many of you know, Hamilton is currently closed (unknown if it will open in the future). Dave and I (Alejandra) have been in this hobby for over 24 years and know the importance of Metal Halide bulbs to the proper growth of corals. We believe in the quality and spectrum of the bulbs to be some of the best in the hobby and wanted to continue offering them, even when many might say the hobby is dying, but as I said, "Only if we let it". We will be working on providing not only bulbs but also complete systems in the near future. If any of you have any suggestions to what products you would like us to bring back, feel free to let us know.

We received our first batch of bulbs under our new brand and there are more coming soon!
It takes a lot of effort to start from scratch, but we believe in what we do and hope to continue to receive your support!
Wow! That is great news! I really appreciate you posting here! It is very gratifying to have you both investing for this hobby! Thank you very much for continuing to provide the excellent customer service and quality lamps. I'm sure many here are proud of your efforts! Wishing you and Dave the very best! Now people will be able to ask you their questions directly.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard a good explanation for how the term deepwater came about. Most use smooth skinned acropora as a substitute - less polyps. Smooth skin acros grow out of the water in low tide sometimes - lokani, granulosa, etc. They are collected right next to other acropora in shallow water.

Eddie Purple Monster is not the real Purple Monster. It is not that close other than being purple and a smooth skin. Different coral. It is cool. UC and ReefBuilders found a wild colony that might be the same coral in the Solomans where the OG PM was collected - 5 to 15 feet deep on sandy bottom - they took specimens from 15 feet. Hardly deepwater. There is a ReefBuilders article on it, ironically. The pictures are pretty cool. They collected it in masks, like I have always said... there is not much deeper than this that is collected for this hobby. I had both and they were very similar - the UC one died on me, though. I don't know anybody who has it anymore... either personally or through the grape vine.

Deepwater is another dumb term that stuck.
Here’s a real purple monster colony under halides till this day and the last one I know of in existence… it’s local to me and I’ve been trying to get a piece but dude don’t wanna cut it! Ugh…
IMG_2633.png

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a real purple monster colony under halides till this day and the last one I know of in existence… it’s local to me and I’ve been trying to get a piece but dude don’t wanna cut it! Ugh…
IMG_2633.png
If he wants it to survive long term- then he has to cut it . It’s really that simple .

Z Burn's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aqua Bright Solutions - We are so thrilled to learn of your passion for metal halide gear and your ability to still bring us product! For your 20k 250 watt mogul bulb, I am assuming electronic ballasts are the most appropriate? Are they the exact same as the previous hamilton bulb? Do you plan to sell ballasts again? M80? Thanks!

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2633.png
Which halides is he running?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back