Rainbow Chalices - Let's talk about them!

apicturepaints

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so ready to get another rainbow chalice, but I'm waiting for some of my other stuff to grow out. The pricing seems to slowly be going down too...

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have both? Because I read from another member here that has both side by side, it is nowhere near as bright or vibrant as the dynamite.

Hey Frank. I do have both and have to say they look different to me. My SC dynamite has 6-8 eyes with lots of different colors and very bright. Where my flaming bugatti only has 2-3 eyes with 2 colors and not so bright...but that may be the reason they look so different to me though:) I know now much help here without pics...sorry just wanted to give my input

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I do know is my dynamite is amazing and hands down one of the most impressive corals I've ever seen. Mike hooked it up for sure.

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I want a few of these chalices. I am a big fan of the Rainbow Crush!

my problem is paying the $$ money for a piece the size of a dime.

OP
OP
SDguy

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me the flaming bugatti looks nearly identical to the SC dynamite. All of these morphs are amazing IMO.

Great thread!

I've heard that the flaming bugatti looks a lot like the flash bomb. I have the flash bomb and the dynamite, and can say with 100% confidence that the flash bomb and the dynamite are not the same coral.

Last edited:

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for confirming that Stacie, you are the second person that has said that. It's one of the reasons why I didn't go after the flaming buggatti. Yeah, I have the flash bomb and dynamite and they are both different pieces Peter, I concur. But I doubt the f bugatti is as nice as the flash. I actually think that it's nicer than the dynamite i have, though in the dymamites' defense, it is still a booger sized piece. I'm still waiting to get the flamethrower from a friend (hopefully in a few weeks) to compare it to the rest. What I like about these pieces is that they look amazing, even as small frags. The bpc ft I had to wait months for it to get it's nice colors. Even then, I don't think it's as bright as the rest. Ahhh, so many rainbows, so little money :sad:

Madreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that they are coming from Vietnam......this is 2nd hand so who knows if its true but it would make sense since we have never seen any and all of a sudden the market loaded with these.....just takes a "special" import / export team.

Close, I believe they are coming out of Flores, but there's no cites there so they go to Kuapan, Timor and then to USA. Or something like that.....

This thread is getting BIG! Let's see some BIG corals....

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no cites for chalice in vietnam either. I think we can probably both agree they are importing them from somewhere they don't usually export chalices.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peter, Thanks for starting this thread...very cool to read all the input and interesting tidbits from everyone. I don't have different rainbows to compare to each other but I have to say, the SC Dynamite is insanely bright and looks so good!!! I have a small frag from Joe and it has all the colors in it which is nice. It is growing and seems to just keep getting brighter. I'll need to snap a picture of the little guy as it is awesome. I decided after seeing a number of these to get the Dynamite and leave it at that, hahahaha. I can get a little crazy when I decide to "collect".

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peter as a thank you here is a new unnamed rainbow from WWC I picked up while I was down there (Yes I am aware of the bubble algae, treating for red bugs so no clean up crew at all, so that is all me).

DSC_2367.jpg

DSC_2368.jpg

nateroten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you guys know about Joe's shock fire chalice? I have my eyes on this one for sure.

OP
OP
SDguy

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece!! Did they mention if it is the same as one of the other ones already on the market, or at least similar?

I should have some nice comparison pics of several pieces by this weekend to post :bigsmile:

Peter as a thank you here is a new unnamed rainbow from WWC I picked up while I was down there (Yes I am aware of the bubble algae, treating for red bugs so no clean up crew at all, so that is all me).

DSC_2367.jpg

DSC_2368.jpg

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say I want them all but I'm balling on a budget right now :(
So I got the Rainbow crush for $660 :) got to have one of those rainbows it has all the nice colors in it , and its now my favorite one grew another eye on it so far it looks like its good grower :)
Don't have any other rainbows to compare it to but I'm sure it can hang with the expensive ones and fit right in

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you guys know about Joe's shock fire chalice? I have my eyes on this one for sure.

It's very nice. Definitely deserves a hall of fame spot in terms of color and pattern. It may set itself apart from the others because it has purple in it rather than blue.

reeflections

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are there any common opinions as far as "faster growing" rainbow chalices are concerned? the growth rate on most seems to be unbareably slow.

nateroten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been talking to Joe for the last week about getting the shock fire and I'm fairly sure this is the one I gotta have haha...do you have the shock fire as well?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 50 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back