Randall's Anthias (P. randalli) Trio

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wanting to wait a bit before getting this species since they're a bit more delicate than other Pseudanthias since they come from deeper water. Along with I leave for a trip next week and I wanted to add a few more corals before adding them, but the LFS just had an amazing deal I couldn't pass up on. Meet my new Trio of Randall's Anthias! (P. randalli). I wasn't aware of this species until I saw Matt Wandell's MACNA Talk about NPS Corals and Deepwater Fish and this was one of his favorites. I talked to him about it and he said a Trio would fit my tank perfectly.

(If you'd like to see their home, check it out here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/t...llon-nps-aquarium.971033/page-2#post-11207259 )

This species is ideal for smaller tanks since not only are they around 3" at the biggest, they stick more to the rocks since they come from deeper water. They're not as outgoing as Lyretails or other schooling species, but they still add some nice movement. Because of that, they also don't need to be fed as much (I'd still feed 2-3 times a day). The males turn a bright pink with purple stripes that have a hint of blue, and the females stay a bright pink with yellow fins. They're a super showy species in my opinion.
This species does best in cooler water (75F ) and lower lighting so they're a perfect candidate for an NPS Tank. Hopefully once on them starts to turn, I can document that process as well. Check out the thread if you'd like to see more content of them!

Camera | Sony A6100
Lens | Sony 90mm Macro
Editing | Adobe Lightroom to make the background darker and sharpen the image a bit (no color enhancing was done)
DSC06689.jpg
DSC06676.jpg
DSC06674.jpg
DSC06691.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back