OP
G

ghill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also of the belief that a temperature control problem when the ac started up may have stresses the tank. I saw drops of 3 -4 deg. I have solved that problem by getting a more robust heater and it now only drops about .5 deg.

OP
OP
G

ghill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could work sans Big eye soldier…I’m thinking you are right at your stocking limits as it is…
you definitely need more bio surface
Interestingly enough the big eye soldier I have had for 3 months in the other 20 gal long tank along with several other fish and corals. We hardly ever saw him as he hid in a cave nearly all the time only coming out to eat or at night. I though the new cube, having a lot of room to swim, would be good for the fish and our viewing. Guess not

OP
OP
G

ghill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question... would you take a chance on the purchase of live rock or let a virgin rock develop on its own aided by bio additions?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interestingly enough the big eye soldier I have had for 3 months in the other 20 gal long tank along with several other fish and corals. We hardly ever saw him as he hid in a cave nearly all the time only coming out to eat or at night. I though the new cube, having a lot of room to swim, would be good for the fish and our viewing. Guess not
I once got some stop light cardinals, never saw those either…basically most red/orange fish are nocturnal…usually
One more question... would you take a chance on the purchase of live rock or let a virgin rock develop on its own aided by bio additions?
The fish losses might have inadvertently put you within your biological limits already, so I’d say do either:
-let Dry (cheaper) rock cure “in tank/in place”
or get pre cycled rock

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 74.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back