Recommend a good and SILENT return pump - price is not important. (Red Sea Max e170)

Nadiaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the Red Sea Max e170 SUMP upgrade, and now I need to buy a return pump.
Red Sea recommend to use af return pump with a flow of at least 2700 lph.
Which one can you recommend?

It need to be as silent as possible. I would like to controlle it by wifi.

Blindzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the Sicce Syncra pumps. Dead quiet, great options. e and all my friends run them in multiple tanks.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there wifi return pumps that send notifications? I was under the impression they just allowed control via WiFi which IMO is unnecessary. I would never change my return flow from a remote location where I could not monitor water levels in tank and sump. Maybe I'm missing out on available return pump tech?

OP
OP
N

Nadiaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there wifi return pumps that send notifications? I was under the impression they just allowed control via WiFi which IMO is unnecessary. I would never change my return flow from a remote location where I could not monitor water levels in tank and sump. Maybe I'm missing out on available return pump tech?
It is not for changing the flow from a remote location. It is so that I can get I notification when ex the power is off, the pump has stopped due to clocking and something like that. And yes there are many pump with wifi and notifications.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any dc pump is most likely silent. Mine doesn’t have Wi-Fi, but it can push a max of 4000lph. Bought on Amazon in 2017 for 70$, has been running 24/7, cleaned it maybe 2 times, and is silent to this day

The key is you don’t want to have to be running more than 75%. That’s when you start to hear noise. Buy a stronger pump and run it 40-75% and it will be silent

I see no need for Wi-Fi notifications. Just something else to fail. More tech to squeeze in a small object, they are cutting corners somewhere.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got notified your pump failed on vacation what would you even do?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back