Red Sea foundation elements dosing ?

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’ve recently purchased my fist lps frogspawn coral and it’s my first time dosing foundation elements I’ve use the reef app calculator to accumulate my fist dose according to my current levels I’m not sure if the calcium has calculated correctly anyone know if it’s correct my magnesium is 1260ppm and I’m dosing it to 1280ppm it says 21ml dosnt seem correct

IMG_1862.png

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’ve recently purchased my fist lps frogspawn coral and it’s my first time dosing foundation elements I’ve use the reef app calculator to accumulate my fist dose according to my current levels I’m not sure if the calcium has calculated correctly anyone know if it’s correct my magnesium is 1260ppm and I’m dosing it to 1280ppm it says 21ml dosnt seem correct

IMG_1862.png
1st Queston is do you even need to dose? What is ure daily consumption?

OP
OP
M

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st Queston is do you even need to dose? What is ure daily consumption?
I’m currently in the process of figuring it out I’m going to test daily for a week and figure out what is the daily consumption I’ve a frag of Gsp and 3 large Kenya trees an the new frogspawn I can’t see it using much major elements daily though

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently in the process of figuring it out I’m going to test daily for a week and figure out what is the daily consumption I’ve a frag of Gsp and 3 large Kenya trees an the new frogspawn I can’t see it using much major elements daily though
you do not need to dose anything just yet. water changes will handle it.

OP
OP
M

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you do not need to dose anything just yet. water changes will handle it.
Oh really I’ve tested today my alk dropped 0.3dhk cal stayed at 440ppm and mg dropped 10ppm what tolerance should I allow for a drop in elements thanks.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple threads over in the chemistry forum that questions even dosing by calcium demand…(as Red Sea currently advises)
But as mentioned, this whole deal might be a lil early in the game for your tank/situation

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 80 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back