Red Sea Syringes

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thing is with the Red Sea I have tested back to back with diffrent results.

I also think my Red Sea kit could be contaminated by me tho

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a capital J ? Come on Man ! After looking at Ford's unhappy cat , It appears ford was having fun. You guys are cracking me up !
Anyway thanks again I'll hand out a few to friends.

slicko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no use comparing test kit against test kit that wont tell you much. get a calibrated fluid of a set ppm in calcium and then test this will tell you accuracy.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the Hannah and the Red Sea calcium test kits. The problem with the Hannah is that the sample of tank water is so small that if you're not right on the money, you're going to get a different reading. Generally the Hannah checker tests higher than any other calcium test kit I've used. It's hard to tell how accurate any of these test kits are without doing a lab grade water test to compare it to.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I was thinking u wanted the small syringe correct the one that goes inside the titration device? Or were you talking about the 20 ml syringe?
The number I have was for the small syringe that fits inside the titration device.

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, but maybe it's your Red Sea that is off and the Hannah is actually accurate!?! I own both also... maybe I should see how they compare and we can get additional data into the mix. I also have the Exact iDip that I could throw into the mix.
Well I am tending to think that the red sea may be accurate in my testing .. and here's why. I have been traveling like mad for work and therefor not dosing like I should. When I do my water change, 10-15% of a 145 gallon system, the readings are usually always around 450-460 consistently. Then they obviously start steadily dropping as my system uses it up.

It has been about 10 days since my last water change, and with the hanna checker it was saying my calcium was at 533! There is no way it would or should be this high (higher then ever before) 10 days after a simple 10% water change. So basically, my red sea test kit gives more logical readings of the calcium. Also, as I have started dosing the proper additives (reef advantage caclium dry) the readings are accurately telling me that the calcium has raised by about 10 when I start dosing.

So that is my thought on it ... of course I could be wrong, but this makes the most sense

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Gents let me get this straight before I order some syringes. so the Global EasyGlide syringe both fits the titration thing and the tips fit ? Do They have the pegs on the end of the plunger?
I ask because ya gotta have exactly the correct amount of solution to get an accurate reading. Thanks.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luer tip tuberculin syringe should work
I've used several different brands from work...

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so whether it has the nub on end of plunger or not doesn't matter just the amount of air in the syringe is different? does this make sense to You ?
Thanks cmcoker !

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so whether it has the nub on end of plunger or not doesn't matter just the amount of air in the syringe is different? does this make sense to You ?
It's fine, that is there to push the fluid out of the tip of the syringe but it will not affect the result just use it as normal.
Those are for dosing small amounts and reducing waste
I have used both and had not issues

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Gents let me get this straight before I order some syringes. so the Global EasyGlide syringe both fits the titration thing and the tips fit ? Do They have the pegs on the end of the plunger?
I ask because ya gotta have exactly the correct amount of solution to get an accurate reading. Thanks.

I received mine and the only differences are purely cosmetic.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You Sir ! That was what I needed to hear. I have a way of over thinking/complicating things !

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Thank You Guys I received the syringes . They fit everything perfect ! " Easy Glide Luer Slip TB Disposable Syringes. "

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back