Red sea/two banded clownfish or clarkii

vandonny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially I wanted clarkii clownfish as I find that they more commonly feed their anemone (which I find cute) as compared to the percs and occellaris when I fed larger foods, but my lfs had some two banded clowns and I thought they seem pretty similar and might also feed their anemone as they seem pretty similar to clarkiis. Anyone have any experience with the two banded clowns feeding their anemones? Thanks!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No first hand experience but I do like the looks of them better than the clarkii, at least from images. Hopefully someone with first hand exierience will chime in but I have a hunch they would be great with nems. I've kept 4 species of larger clowns and all have taken to nems withing hours of being added. Smaller ones like percs can be hit or miss as to whether they'll even host.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do .. Bicinctus are my favorite in that "clarkii" body style group....If you want to see an amazing looking clownfish,try to find a pic of a melanopus clown - not the drab common ones =but the ones that come from vanuatu..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back