Reef Octopus vs Sicce

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading my whole sump area with a new sump, compact theiling rollermat, might do a uv sterilizer, and a new pump. I pretty much have everything picked out other than the pump. I do love the idea of a DC pump to where I can turn up or down the flow based on what I am seeing and they use less electric (which is always nice). I am having trouble picking out what pump i want to use either a Reef Octopus Varios-6 or the Syncra SDC 7.0 wifi pump for my tank. My tank is a 120 gal tank with duo overflows and returns, I am running an Apex classic to help monitor the tank and control most of the equipment. If you have a better choice than what I picked please feel free to share as well

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Varios2 and alternate with another Varios4 on my 90. Extremely quiet. Nice flow adjustment as you mentioned. Almost zero vibration. And here the big plus and a deal breaker for me. RO has great service if you have a question or issue. You can get parts. ;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I like both. Sicce is very quiet and nice power
The RO has nice variable speed capability and an industry leader

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the varios6 and has to be the best equipment I bought for my tank, quiet is an understatement. Love the way I can control the flow,pause it for cleanin* tank,etc..

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The RO is a great option and likely quieter. I am using their Octo Pulse powerheads. I like DC pumps a lot for that reason. I like ac pumps because you don't have another power brick and controller to deal with. The SICCE pump will make some noise. I just replaced a 4.0 to a COR15 so I speak from experince. I recently switched from Reef Keeper to the new Apex because 1) DA threw in the towel and you are pretty much DOA on the temp probes and what not and 2) with Apex you can use their COR pumps which are pretty slick with the 1 link. And, if your tank is big enough you can use the WAV powerheads as well.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched from a Sicce 2.0 to a varios 2 for my return and wow! I have to look for ripples on the water just to make sure it’s working it’s so quiet. The 15 or 60min pause is super convenient as well for feeding. It’s not easy unplugging stuff they way I got it set up. Between that and switching to a 110ss skimmer RO has got it going on!!

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe Steven is looking for input on the Sicce SDC with is a DC pump to compare with the RO Varios. It’s not the standard Syncra AC?

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe Steven is looking for input on the Sicce SDC with is a DC pump to compare with the RO Varios. It’s not the standard Syncra AC?

They make a syncra DC pump as well as a AC pump. Was looking at dc

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Varios6 with my 75g tank - a bit of overkill. Amazingly quiet...basically no noise!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back