Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice!! I left for 2 weeks and had the lighting on a timer. Corals Look So Different And good! I'm super please with my 155e.

Absolutely. Here is a picture of my Duncan coral for the past year with diy leds. It has been mostly closed and the tentacles never expanded and were like little stubs.

uploadfromtaptalk1380833367480.jpg

The picture below is taken today, two days after installing the dm-155's. It is already expanding so much more and the tentacles are getting long again.

uploadfromtaptalk1380833334061.jpg

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef radiance is bomb. Will be buying from them again.
Talk about coralline within a week in LR.
Great stuff, great service and great people. This guy will def go a long way with this product!

Simple!

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef radiance is bomb. Will be buying from them again.
Talk about coralline within a week in LR.
Great stuff, great service and great people. This guy will def go a long way with this product!

Simple!

What percentage are you running your lights at?

roc5288

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my 120 pro. Very nice light. Happy with this purchase. Cannot figure out time on time off.
Can anyone help with this? Thinking of maybe getting rid of my AI sol blues once I figure this issue out. Thats how I like these lights.

rebecky45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very excited...I just ordered two 132e units for my 75 mixed reef. They can't come soon enough!!! New jebao wp20, too! Yay!

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dm155's don't dim very low, they start out at a pretty high percentage. Does anyone know what the percentage is that they start out at? Also on the reef radiance site it states that it is dimmable from 1-100%. Does anyone know how can I dim them that low?

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick would definitely know. Email him - [email protected]
My dm155's don't dim very low, they start out at a pretty high percentage. Does anyone know what the percentage is that they start out at? Also on the reef radiance site it states that it is dimmable from 1-100%. Does anyone know how can I dim them that low?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

my knobs have about a 10% worth of play on the lowest setting. I cant go below 10%.

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't dim lower than 20% but I keep my lights at 100% blues and 50% whites at about 18" off the water.

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Roblox,

If you could take a moment and send me a video I can answer your question - send it to [email protected]. Keep Reefing!

Rick

Rick I'm having trouble uploading the video because the file size is too big. If I reduce the quality any further the video becomes unwatchable.

It's not a big deal to me because I don't need to dim them any further, I was just curious because the web site says they dim to 1%. If you look at the pictures I posted the lights are at their minimum brightness. If I were to guess I'd say they turn on to about 20% and can't dim any lower just like the other poster.

Last edited:

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI ROBLOX 84 - NO WORRIES - I CANNOT MAKE MY IPHONE 5 DO MUCH OF ANYTHING - LET ALONE TAKE VIDEOS. OUR LEDS ARE DIMMABLE TO 1% - HOWEVER THE POTENTIOMETERS THAT CONTROL THEM START TO WAVER AT BELOW 10%. WE HAVE NEVER LOOKED AT THIS AS THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY REASON TO DROP BELOW THAT - HOWEVER - WE WANT TO BE SURE WE REFLECT EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE SELLING - SO WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE OUR WEBSITE TO REFLECT THAT THE DM-155e AND THE DM-132e ARE DIMMABLE TO APPROXIMATELY 10 PERCENT - SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION.

THANKS FOR DRAWING OUR ATTENTION TO THIS.

RICK

RICK

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick, Great job. as soon as I get another ALC module for my RKE, I hope to look into finding a way to control with that. I read several threads about simply bypassing the pot and using the 0-10v circuitry for it. now to just find the extra $80 laying around to get the Module.

FWIW, what I see with mine is when you click the POT on, they are super dim but then bounce up to the 10%. You can turn it to between that spot and the click and they will go low, but bounce up to the 10%.

I know that the Meanwell drivers I use wont go that low. even though the circuitry pulls them down lower, they still only dim to a certiain point that I would not percieve as "1%"

Last edited:

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PICKUPMAN66,

Exactly. We are working on versions of each light that will be pre-wired for controllers with 0 - 10v wires pre-installed and exiting the light so customers can wire directly to their controller without opening the case and voiding the warranty.

Unfortunately we have several other projects ahead of this - hopefully we will be rolling out the DM-155eM next week. Keeping our fingers crossed. Rick

rebecky45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick, any idea when lights from the sale will ship? Mine is under the last name Arth. I'm way too excited to get this light!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back