Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on a pair of DM-165E's that I ordered. I already have my Apex set up and waiting. Of course my Deep Blue light has fully crapped out on my while I am waiting. I had to rig up a LED shop light for a couple of days...

"Waiting on these 'lights' is like waiting on babies.." - Wu

Hi Cypherljk - please PM your name and I will let you know where you are in the queue for this light. We are frankly swamped and will be sending out an email updating all customers who ordered lights from oldest orders to today. The first shipment went out and is in the hands of hobbyists and we are shipping as fast as we can. Plus the Chinese are celebrating National Holiday from October 1 through the 7th - they are not making our lights - )-:

I am working really hard to keep the DM-165p at this price point - despite the fact that it would be much easier for us if we raised the price and slowed down the huge rush of orders - really tempting - but I have at least dozen customers who told me that this light gave them something they really wanted for a long time - a programmable light that did not cost an arm and a leg and allowed them to buy other cool stuff for their aquariums. Since this really addresses the basic reason I started the company - cool toys are great prices - I am inclined to not raise the price now but my just to manage the sales flow.

Keep Reefing!

Rick

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick,

Is the Lumentek built with the LDD drviers? If so I will be investigating on how to get this light working with the BLuefish controller..

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tablet by, ASUS, and was told from the company that this devise supports Andriod. So either it does not or the link is still down ?

cypherljk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link is working. You may have to enable installing apps from places other than the app store...

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get a DM 165p but how would it look over a 60g cube?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
427HISS

Android devices by default only allow you to download the apps from the Play store. However, with this type of download it isn't from the PlayStore and from ReefRadiance as an APP. What you need to do is go to Settings -> General TAB ->Security and look for "Unknown Sources" and check that which will allow you to install this application now. After your done just reset Unknown Sources to unchecked.

I hope this helps.

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
427HISS

Android devices by default only allow you to download the apps from the Play store. However, with this type of download it isn't from the PlayStore and from ReefRadiance as an APP. What you need to do is go to Settings -> General TAB ->Security and look for "Unknown Sources" and check that which will allow you to install this application now. After your done just reset Unknown Sources to unchecked.

I hope this helps.

I'm an apple user so when I tested this light I borrowed a friends old Unsed Galaxy. That sounds about what I had to do to get it downloaded.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to leave right now, but I'll get back to you later tonight after I try what you suggest when I get home.
Thanks !
Kevin

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, the light is awesome. I haven't put in my own custom lighting period yet, as I'm having one issue.
After downloading the APP, and can't get on-line or my email. It says, can not get connected.

So, what do I need to do ?

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - it is obvious now that the DM-165p will require more customer service time than most of our other lights as there are more things to do - not surprisingly as this is a programmable light - unlike the simpler DM165e and DM-165m - which are dimmable only. Since we want every buyer to have an amazing customer experience at any level of technical competence - I am going to have 5 people from this forum who are moderators for this light. We are going to start a new thread dedicated to the P series so users will have a specific place on R2R - in our forum - to share posts about this light - especially as it has become - since we rolled in out at MACNA 5 weeks ago - the fastest selling light we have ever introduced. Bow will lead the team of moderators as he was instrumental as a Friend of Reef Radiance ( FORR) working with the factory on making the instruction manual more streamlined and certainly easier to use. The criteria to be moderator on the new thread will be 1. ownership of a DM-165p 2. A full understanding of how to download the software 3. a full understanding of how to program and use the light. If this describes you and you want to help others get the most out of this amazing light - then shoot me an email at [email protected].

THANKS!

RICK

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - BOW started the new thread just for the DM-165p series - so if you have any thing to post on the new P series - please post it there.

Rick

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back