Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it seems quite a few people are getting corals burned out by whites too high. I was very thankful for the advice I received on these lights with turning the whites down so far. I wish I could have the whites a little higher sometimes for the look, but I prefer coral health to my own aesthetics lol

Pazzo40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick,

Is there an update on replacement controllers for the Lumentek Pro 120? I submitted my fist service request back on March 19/20th. I followed up on April 26th to confirm, and you indicated that your team did receive the request and that you guys were upgrading the controller due to a known issues with some of the controllers. I followed up by e-mail on June 21st and never heard back. On July 7th I received confirmation on this thread, that the controllers were being beta tested. On July 8th The Flying Turkey and Bow, two individuals from this thread who were beta testing, indicated things were going well. I followed up by e-mail on October 5th and did not hear back. I submitted another request, I believe on October 23 and I have not heard anything. I understand that things may still be in beta testing but I just want to make sure. The reason for this is because as a precaution I set all the settings besides "custom" to a low intensity just in case the controller switches by itself to any other setting other then "custom". On October 23 my controller switch to the "sunny" setting on it's own and it also randomly increased the intensity to 60 for whites and 60 for blues. This concerns me because if I were away for a extended period of time, the fail safe that the people who are having the same issues as myself use, may not work.

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to the service guy about 2 weeks ago and he stated that there is no fix for the controller yet. He said they are still working on the issue with the manufacturer but there they have different opinions on the issue.

I'm in the market for a good used T5 unit . When I find a good deal I will remove the LED.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been running the Pro180 for 5 months now. Thankfully I didn't kill anything. Took advice of starting way down low. Discovered the whites cannot be turned up above 20% max intensity. Anything higher and my corals look washed out.
Whites on 9:30am at 1% ramp every 10min to 20% then ramp down and off at 3:00pm.
Blues on 9:00am at 3% ramp every 10min to 50% then ramp down and off at 7:00pm.
Lunars on 7:00pm at 20% ramp down every 10min and off at 9:00pm.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414900935.293354.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414900949.698166.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414900975.595774.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414900989.864070.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414901021.666565.jpg

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see some improvements since I turned off my white lights. I'm glad your coral is doing well but the after purchase support is lacking.

evan.lundberg4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like most people here are running their LEDs at a very low intensity. I don't understand this because I have dm155e fixtures with 90° lenses and I've always run mine, after a few weeks of acclamation, at ~85% for blues and ~70% whites. I have my fixtures 12 inches above a 16 inch deep tank. I get great growth and color on SPS and no bleaching in my LPS which I keep of to the side. Also in addition to this I have 4 x 54 watt T5's for supplementation. I'm just wondering what the reason is that everyone else needs to keep the intensity down while it seems my corals like being blasted by the LEDs?

evan.lundberg4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you using the T-5's at all,.... with the 155e ?
I added the T5's for several reasons. One being that even with my lights 12 inches above my tank I couldn't get 100% coverage because the LEDs don't spread enough. The other reason was out of curiosity because I've been hearing a lot of good things about LED/T5 combo for growth and color. The T5's run 5 hrs for two bulbs and 3 hrs for the other two.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like most people here are running their LEDs at a very low intensity. I don't understand this because I have dm155e fixtures with 90° lenses and I've always run mine, after a few weeks of acclamation, at ~85% for blues and ~70% whites. I have my fixtures 12 inches above a 16 inch deep tank. I get great growth and color on SPS and no bleaching in my LPS which I keep of to the side. Also in addition to this I have 4 x 54 watt T5's for supplementation. I'm just wondering what the reason is that everyone else needs to keep the intensity down while it seems my corals like being blasted by the LEDs?

I'd like to know this as well. My Pro180 is 11 1/2" from water surface. This is on a 40B.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the T5's for several reasons. One being that even with my lights 12 inches above my tank I couldn't get 100% coverage because the LEDs don't spread enough. The other reason was out of curiosity because I've been hearing a lot of good things about LED/T5 combo for growth and color. The T5's run 5 hrs for two bulbs and 3 hrs for the other two.

Interesting. I would assume,...with all the actinic that these lights has, that we wouldn't need to supplement other lighting. But, proof may be in the pudding !

NanaReefer- I'll have to check if Rick has a chart for PAR readings, but if anyone has the tool, please do some reading from different depths in the tank and heights from which the lights are hanging.

Anybody have a PAR meter ?

Last edited:

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got par readings from when I was running mine if anyone's interested although I think par readings are mainly useless with these lights.

Last edited:

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35 white 65 blue
Just under water 340
Mid 245
Sand 140

Tank is 20inches deep and light is 16 inches above water.

evan.lundberg4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35 white 65 blue
Just under water 340
Mid 245
Sand 140

Tank is 20inches deep and light is 16 inches above water.
What intensity are these values at? It is my understanding that most SPS corals come from places where the par reasons are very high.
I've got par readings from when I was running mine if anyone's interested although I think par readings are mainly useless with these lights.
Please post them as i would be very interesting in seeing the results.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SWK- Well of course dumb, dumb... ! :wink:
Would you consider renting it out to me and what company is it ?

Yes, all would be interesting and helpful for a lot of us that really want to understand LED systems. I've thought about buying Ricks SENEYE, for my wife's 29g, but she said I have enough toys. (toys,.....)???? :tongue:
It was on sale a few weeks ago for around $100.

garrickrevels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do You think PAR reading are useless with this light?
My friend and I have the same light and we're starting to think the same thing but I want to hear your thoughts

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back