Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

A couple of things:

1. if you have a LUMENTEK light with controller issues - please email [email protected] and let him know so he can put you on the list when the new ones come in - please email him directly - posting it here makes it a lot more work for us....(-:

2. just curious - I am thinking about a Seneye Par Meter loaner program - as many people cannot afford to buy their own and if they are a member of a club that has one -it seems that the wait is very long. I was thinking that we would loan one out to customers and only charge them the freight to them and back - maybe $20 and they could use it for one week and then return it. I have not worked out the logistics but wanted to get R2R members opinions on a program like this?

3. Okay - what should we give as the gift for the person with the 2000th post on this thread? Ideas?

4. I am thinking about offering a free DM-165p+ to the winner of a contest for existing customers only . I was thinking we have a contest for the best picture or pictures of one of our lights over an aquarium - with the best and most interesting description of how well your coral was growing under it. Or a $250 Reef Radiance gift certificate? What do you think?

Let me know what you all think about the above - and as always.... we appreciate your business.

Keep Reefing!

Rick

#2 - great idea

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to check my timings again tonight as I was off by 15 minutes the other night. Is this the type of controller issue we are referring too?

dmkahlan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doug,

You are now the newest member of FORR!

Welcome!

We will ship you out one of the new controllers when they come in. Why don't you call me on my cell late this week and we can go over details.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I appreciate it. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

dmkahlan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. if you have a LUMENTEK light with controller issues - please email [email protected] and let him know so he can put you on the list when the new ones come in - please email him directly - posting it here makes it a lot more work for us....(-:

Hey Rick,

I know you got me on the list but I'll shoot Charles an email as well. Don't want to cause you guys any more work than you already got. :)

2. just curious - I am thinking about a Seneye Par Meter loaner program - as many people cannot afford to buy their own and if they are a member of a club that has one -it seems that the wait is very long. I was thinking that we would loan one out to customers and only charge them the freight to them and back - maybe $20 and they could use it for one week and then return it. I have not worked out the logistics but wanted to get R2R members opinions on a program like this?

This is an awesome idea. I was just in my LFS yesterday asking if he had a PA meter to loan/rent out. Unfortunately he doesn't have one. Although he did have a LUX meter - for SALE, not to loan/rent out... :sad:

I'd definitely like to get on the list if you do decide to do this. Heck, you might even get some sales out of the deal once folks see what it can do.

3. Okay - what should we give as the gift for the person with the 2000th post on this thread? Ideas?

I agree with NanaReefer, anything you decide to gift out will be awesome.

4. I am thinking about offering a free DM-165p+ to the winner of a contest for existing customers only . I was thinking we have a contest for the best picture or pictures of one of our lights over an aquarium - with the best and most interesting description of how well your coral was growing under it. Or a $250 Reef Radiance gift certificate? What do you think?

Let me know what you all think about the above - and as always.... we appreciate your business.

Keep Reefing!

Rick

I'll post some pics regardless, but still another great idea for your customers. :bigsmile:

Thanks,

Doug

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who can really say they are getting good growth out of these lights," PRO-180". 5 month 0 heads on any of my corals. LPS. Someone PM me if there's a crazy setting. I already have a 30/50 setting going on.

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a bunch of people getting good growth out of the pro series. Lol my frag racks are getting full time to start trading. Are you having and other water param issues?

HumanMachine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who can really say they are getting good growth out of these lights," PRO-180". 5 month 0 heads on any of my corals. LPS. Someone PM me if there's a crazy setting. I already have a 30/50 setting going on.

I've been doing really well with them. usually other issues involved like species of coral or presence of phosphates can account for lack of growth.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mstanker correct me if I'm wrong but.....weren't you have a major hair algae issue? You also stated that your parameters were off.

Growth for me has been awesome!! Proof is in the pictures....which I'm always posting :)

5/14
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349128.989425.jpg

11/14
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349151.258300.jpg

5/14
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349194.244321.jpg

11/14
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349213.079476.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349273.134430.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416349273.134430.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered 2 Dm 165e LED fixture from REEF RADIANCE . I can't wait to see how they work LOL

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the planning stages for me, but the dm 165 is the light that has my attention right now. So anything i can pick up from those using it helps me out

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve any questions just ask away :)
Not my first tank, but I've been out for 5 years after having to sell my 210. Back then I went with halides and pc supplement. Now I am very interested in the led route. Especially now that they are more affordable

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back