ReefBreeders with T5

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been done to death but I want more current advice. I have two ReefBreeders over a 48inch tank. They alone have more than enough power and color for me. However I get a bit of disco when mid day hits and I would like to avoid the shadowing that prevents sticks from growing their best.

Anyone here run a combo? If so what fixture and bulb combo do you find gives the best color and growth? Can the ReefBreeders work with in the ati hybrid fixture?

I don't have corals in this tank yet so hoping to get this ironed out before I add them.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been done to death but I want more current advice. I have two ReefBreeders over a 48inch tank. They alone have more than enough power and color for me. However I get a bit of disco when mid day hits and I would like to avoid the shadowing that prevents sticks from growing their best.

Anyone here run a combo? If so what fixture and bulb combo do you find gives the best color and growth? Can the ReefBreeders work with in the ati hybrid fixture?

I don't have corals in this tank yet so hoping to get this ironed out before I add them.
If your reef breeders fit inside of it sure.. I have one at home I can measure for you if you want.. I’d run blue plus bulbs that’s what I used when I had t5’s it’s a nice bulb with tons of par! It’s easy to modify also if you needed it wider.. I’ve been trying to sell mine and can’t get $50 for it haha!

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2494.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your reef breeders fit inside of it sure.. I have one at home I can measure for you if you want.. I’d run blue plus bulbs that’s what I used when I had t5’s it’s a nice bulb with tons of par! It’s easy to modify also if you needed it wider.. I’ve been trying to sell mine and can’t get $50 for it haha!
****, ill give you 50 for it. LOL Aint blue plus a bit white? Yeah measure that inside bit, how will the reef breeders connect?
I bet they sell some crap

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****, ill give you 50 for it. LOL Aint blue plus a bit white? Yeah measure that inside bit, how will the reef breeders connect?
I bet they sell some crap
No it’s blue… if you want more pop a blue plus and a actinic would give ya the pop.. it’s got some metal cross bracing that snaps in and you screw led fixtures to it.. pretty simple. Or set the reef breeders on top. I’m not sure how a breeders mount i haven’t seen one in person yet.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s blue… if you want more pop a blue plus and a actinic would give ya the pop.. it’s got some metal cross bracing that snaps in and you screw led fixtures to it.. pretty simple. Or set the reef breeders on top. I’m not sure how a breeders mount i haven’t seen one in person yet.
Rails on top that use a small T5 looking dohickey. I'm sort of on the fence. But since I know you have one now...it might not be long enough for two 24 inch. I'm not using one 48. The two 24's are a four inches longer just for the cords, unless I flipped them and have cords at both ends then I guess that would work. Or not. Sounds like work.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 48" hybrid sitting in the garage. Was planning on 5 xr15's but decided to not run them. They will be for my frag system.
I have 2 50 breeders I will run on my 30' deep 5' system.
If you were local to Sacramento county I would give you the system with around 10 bulbs.
The breeders are also to wide for the opening.
You could take off the endcaps and make a mount and have 2 bulbs on each side.
I was going to do this but just did not want to run the t5's anymore.
I have to turn them down to 50% to get the par I want but I should have no shadowing. Tanks not wet yet.
With 2 I can get over 500 par on the bottom easily. Their is no low par areas with 2 side by side.
They are par monsters for sure
20231106_115127.jpg

20240221_084551.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back