Reefi Uno 2.1 Lighting Schedule

DeepSea1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

After much deliberation and research I have bought 2 Reefi Uno 2.1s for Red Sea 425. I would like to what lighting schedules and intensities people are use for a mixed reef tank. My goal as I am sure is the same as everyone is maximize growth and color of my SPS.

I have seen a few images of peoples schedules, but I don't really understand what I am seeing.

Is it best to set all channels to max power of that spectrum that gives the best look and adjust the master power or adjust each channel individually?

I am very excited about these lights, any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

20240408_194426.jpg

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my schedule currently. Just fyi these lights are strong. I get around 170 par at peak about midways on the tank. I have been growing LPS currently Just got some SPS Leptoseris
1000003228.jpg

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

After much deliberation and research I have bought 2 Reefi Uno 2.1s for Red Sea 425. I would like to what lighting schedules and intensities people are use for a mixed reef tank. My goal as I am sure is the same as everyone is maximize growth and color of my SPS.

I have seen a few images of peoples schedules, but I don't really understand what I am seeing.

Is it best to set all channels to max power of that spectrum that gives the best look and adjust the master power or adjust each channel individually?

I am very excited about these lights, any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

20240408_194426.jpg
Just to clarify I started at my peak setting which I tried to imitate BRS schedule on an AI prime and did the math for the percentages. Then I adjusted the master power bar to each time of day and changed the ramp time to where it ramps to next time zone

Dont know if that makes sense

OP
OP
DeepSea1

DeepSea1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clarify I started at my peak setting which I tried to imitate BRS schedule on an AI prime and did the math for the percentages. Then I adjusted the master power bar to each time of day and changed the ramp time to where it ramps to next time zone

Dont know if that makes sense
Yes, I think I understand. You set each channel to your max desired settings and then adjusted the master power for each time change throughout the day.

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think I understand. You set each channel to your max desired settings and then adjusted the master power for each time change throughout the day.
1000003229.jpg

Here is mine at full power of 100%. I like a middle ground between blue and white. so you can copy and adjust as you like but at certain color channels you will get some disco effect. Its the only Con I have of these lights which I fixed with my Custom Shades. Check my build thread for those shades. I use CAD and 3D print alot of things but I havent got my STLs up yet im just an amateur CAD person lol

OP
OP
DeepSea1

DeepSea1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just winging the settings makes me a little nervous. I don't have a PAR or access to one. I will be flying blind with intensity settings. I was hoping to get info from the FB page, however I applied a few days ago and no response. I am not sure if it is a very active page.

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just winging the settings makes me a little nervous. I don't have a PAR or access to one. I will be flying blind with intensity settings. I was hoping to get info from the FB page, however I applied a few days ago and no response. I am not sure if it is a very active page.
I totally felt same way Just go low and place corals kinda mid to low and see if you can borrow a par meter. Thats what I did its better to go low than high and burn the corals up

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back