Restocking fee for product that didn't work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does brs charge a restocking fee for products they send that don't work? I received a pump that wouldn't connect to my internet. I'm tech savvy and I have multiple devices connected to my 2.4ghz network. it wouldn't connect. it would load to 80% then freeze. I never used the product and returned it with all the parts exactly as they arrived.

love BRS but seems a bit ridiculous the customer has to pay money for a product that doesn't work. I would never charge my customer for something not working.

I recently did this with something else I ordered from saltwater aquarium.com and they refunded me entire purchase price.

can I afford the restock fee? yes of course, but seems a bit ridiculous to pay $20 for something I couldn't use and already paid shipping on.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
does brs charge a restocking fee for products they send that don't work? I received a pump that wouldn't connect to my internet. I'm tech savvy and I have multiple devices connected to my 2.4ghz network. it wouldn't connect. it would load to 80% then freeze. I never used the product and returned it with all the parts exactly as they arrived.

love BRS but seems a bit ridiculous the customer has to pay money for a product that doesn't work. I would never charge my customer for something not working.

I recently did this with something else I ordered from saltwater aquarium.com and they refunded me entire purchase price.

can I afford the restock fee? yes of course, but seems a bit ridiculous to pay $20 for something I couldn't use and already paid shipping on.
Best is to call them and press option 1

763- 432-9691

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @TheReefDiary
Can you shoot us a PM with your order number or the email on your account? I'm sure there was some sort of misunderstanding, but I'm happy to help look into this for you. Alternatively, feel free to give us a call and our customer service team can help directly. 763-432-9691

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @TheReefDiary
Can you shoot us a PM with your order number or the email on your account? I'm sure there was some sort of misunderstanding, but I'm happy to help look into this for you. Alternatively, feel free to give us a call and our customer service team can help directly. 763-432-9691
hey thanks! I actually just did that. I saw a contact email in the return notice so I followed up there. not mad at all just confused because the product didn't work.

I know y'all aren't Amazon and can't pay for everyone's return just because they didn't want the product.

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

was this a sicce syncra?

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best is to call them and press option 1

763- 432-9691
they finally got back to me on my email and explained the have to test the product. the only issue is I have a feeling the pump is going to connect for them despite me trying for literally 2 hrs following the directions to a t. it was a kamoer pump and the reviews said people could never get it to connect. I was one of those people. literally no matter what I did it wouldnt connect, despite having separate ssid and multiple devices set up on 2.4ghz for the tank already.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they do charge this fee. Part of the reason I do not buy from BRS anymore--not right.
they aren't amazon and we as customers have come to expect this as a result. I understand they aren't amazon and i appreciate what they do for the hobby in general. just stinks because I know it's nothing on my end since I already have so many 2.4ghz devices set up for my tank.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kamoers X1 Pro's are a pain to connect, but they will do do eventually if you keep trying. But it's definitely not an easy or painless process.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dupe

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kamoers X1 Pro's are a pain to connect, but they will do do eventually if you keep trying. But it's definitely not an easy or painless process.
I tried for 2 hrs. never would load past 80%. shouldn't have to spend hours and hours for something that should take 2 minutes so I returned it.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Talk to your CC company

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fee should only apply to a product that works for the purchaser. If a fee at all

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to your CC company
I'll give them a bit to refund me as I followd up with them through email. otherwise I will unfortunately and will most likely order through saltwater aquarium only. I've had no bad experiences with BRS and I understand they can't afford to restock and repackage every item some decided they no longer wanted, but that isn't the case here.

I sent it back the day after as well.

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give them a bit to refund me as I followd up with them through email. otherwise I will unfortunately and will most likely order through saltwater aquarium only. I've had no bad experiences with BRS and I understand they can't afford to restock and repackage every item some decided they no longer wanted, but that isn't the case here.

I sent it back the day after as well.
saltwateraquarium offer me 1/2 refund for a bottle of brightwell that leaked half cus they just sent it in a bubble envelope lol. No one's better

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltwateraquarium offer me 1/2 refund for a bottle of brightwell that leaked half cus they just sent it in a bubble envelope lol. No one's better
100% agree but they refunded me right away with a defective return pump. that's why I said it's not like I hate BRS because of it. just wish they realized sometimes it's okay to eat the cost to make a repeat customer happy. I do it plenty of times with my own business.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no it was a kamoer dosing pump. should've trust d the reviews. I just thought it was people who didn't know how to connect to a 2.4ghz network. guess the reviews were right.
Yeah.. that pump is garbage. I've got two that are paperweights because they connect, lose it, then simply won't connect again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back