RODI unit tds

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had my brs 4 stage 75 gpd since December and so it has been about 6 months. I’ve been using it more often than usual because I just set up a 60 gallon tank with live ocean rock and I’ve had to do big water changes. Now that I’m using it again today I’m noticing that the tds of the water coming in is 3 and the water coming out is 4. I’ve let it run for some time and it hasn’t changed. I just used it last week and tds was coming out as 0. I always make sure to flush the unit before and after use. Does this mean I have to replace the filters?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tap water is 3?

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Presumably, 'in' and 'out' are referring to the DI canister. If so, then the DI media is exhausted and needs to be replaced. Once the TDS on the final product water (that is, the water that comes out of the DI canister) is greater than zero, I'd replace the DI media.

2Plus2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had my brs 4 stage 75 gpd since December and so it has been about 6 months. I’ve been using it more often than usual because I just set up a 60 gallon tank with live ocean rock and I’ve had to do big water changes. Now that I’m using it again today I’m noticing that the tds of the water coming in is 3 and the water coming out is 4. I’ve let it run for some time and it hasn’t changed. I just used it last week and tds was coming out as 0. I always make sure to flush the unit before and after use. Does this mean I have to replace the filters?
Like mentioned above we assume this is your DI section, if so replace the media.
Has the color changed? It usually comes with color changing resin to warn u, also make sure your TDS prongs are rotated to its proper position to give u a proper reading.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back