Rod's Food vs. LRS Reef Frenzy (Larry's Reef Services) - What is the Difference? or are they the Sam

Do you use Rod's Food or LRS Reef Frenzy?

• Total voters

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never have any clouding issues with LRS either and my fish love it.
They are also loving the new addition of black worms.
Larry ships direct to me.
He is very easy to work with and bends over backwards.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never have any clouding issues with LRS either and my fish love it.
They are also loving the new addition of black worms.
Larry ships direct to me.
He is very easy to work with and bends over backwards.

I thought he didn't ship direct? I would love to get some of his fish and coral food but i would have to drive 2+ hours 1 way to get it. It would be great if you could share how you're able to order direct. Thank you :D

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought he didn't ship direct? I would love to get some of his fish and coral food but i would have to drive 2+ hours 1 way to get it. It would be great if you could share how you're able to order direct. Thank you :D
Lol he probably buys $$$$$$$$$$$ worth of food

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No Larry shipped directly to me too. My order was small. I think his minimum is 4 flats that's like 80 bucks plus 12 or 16 for shipping, I forgot.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you Google his site and go there. It must have a contact us button. Click that and under neath they will give you a number to call or an email id. Used that email I'd to contact Larry.

After that you can ask for his number so you can skip these steps.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i see. I had googled his site i guess it's been about a year now, and i couldn't find a way contact. It just gave store listings. So maybe it's there now :) Thank you

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At LRS we fully support the fish stores who carry our foods and we do not typically ship direct to residences. We prefer you visit your local store to pick up the food and avoid any shipping fees while contributing to their success. This policy is explained on our website where we also have a searchable dealer map at www.ReefFrenzy.com

Click on the BUY LRS tab and search for your local store. If you have no local source for our foods send me a PM and we can contact your LFS. If we do end up having to ship an order to a residence we encourage you to introduce it to your LFS so you can avoid shipping fees in the future if they chose to stock our line. Our facility is located next to a foam cooler and dry ice facility so we can ship frozen food cheaper than anyone in the US with a 100% frozen upon arrival guarantee.

Last edited:

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I buy them 10 at a time. He will ship direct.
I also had to drive an hour one way only to find out they were out. I sent Larry an email explaining and he was very nice about it.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I buy them 10 at a time. He will ship direct.
I also had to drive an hour one way only to find out they were out. I sent Larry an email explaining and he was very nice about it.

+1 Larry is awesome! Love his product, and he's a super nice guy too!

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rods all the way, the reddish color is due to cyclop-eeze, and with rods there is no need to rinse as there is with LRS. Also with Rods you have a larger variety of types of food, from you to choose from for the specific use you are looking for. IMO and IME Rods is cleaner and you have more of choice on what you are putting into your tank.

nelson"s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the rod food is great I have not used the LRS but I have reed about the LRS that is good food

RavenSF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear by Rod's. I like to feed a lot and this is a very clean food which allows me to keep phosphate down without GFO. All of my fish love this stuff and my shrimp have refused to go back to pellets after eating frozen. My 5 year old pair of Clowns finally laid eggs after switching to this food. Rods keeps my fish fat and happy and I am not doing tons of water changes.

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rods, by far is better. I tried LARS and yes the fish ate it but that's it. Nothing crazy about it. I still had to rinse it out my 4 packs had a lot of brownish water/fluid in it.

Plus I drove a 8hr round trip to buy it and it was not worth it. I'm not going to be doing that every time I need it.

So I'll stick with RODS since it is easily available and about same price.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.5%
Back