Ruby Rally in DT

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sorry for the confusion; I'll try again.

I live in Europe and I have no easy access to USA medicines to treat my fish. In Europe treatments for fish are very mild and they do not really have strong components. It's more natural extracts.

I don't have a quarantine tank, so all I can do is dose in my main display tank where I have fish, inverts, corals and anemone.

I was thinking to make a one-time purchase directly from USA even if it's really expensive with shipping cost, to get the "must have in-house medicines". I was asking if you could provide me a list of medicines I must have at home to treat and cover the most basic issues with fish such as bacterial infections, parasites, ich, gill flukes, velvet keeping in mind I can only dose in my DT.

For example:
Ruby Rally PRO, PraziPro, Coppersafe Fritz, Hydroplex, Ich-x etc...
We have not found any medications which are reef safe that can combat ich. While some vendors advertise their ich medications to be reef safe, our experiences have not been successful. The two options available which require QT are copper or hyposalinity. Either CopperSafe or CopperPower work well and are easy to administer. Cupramine also works well, but its formulation is different than the other two products and requires greater care during the dosing process.

OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, thank you both.

Would you recommend me Hydroplex from Ruby?

"HydroPlex™is an extremely broad-spectrum dip for new arrivals. A simple 10-minute dip is all it takes to eliminate problems which can be brought on by fish being introduced into the display tank. Due to its excellent penetrative properties. HydroPlex™ will remove any and all active parasites, bacteria, fungus and other organisms attached to or embedded in the flesh, gill tissues, attending vasculature and surrounding structures it comes in contact with in just a 10-minute dip. HydroPlex™ also helps to heal open wounds and can be used effectively in hospital and quarantine tanks. NOT FOE USE IN DISPLAY TANK.

HydroPlex™ can be used effectively in new fish transport and hospital/quarantine tanks for the removal of all active parasites, bacteria, fungus and other organisms attached to or embedded in the flesh, gill tissues, attending vasculature and surrounding structures."

It seems we can fix most of the problems with a 10 minutes dip before to place new arrivals in our tank. What do you guys think?

Besides, thanks for every comments in the post. I really appreciated your help. I understand I can't be really effective by dosing in my DT for ich but this is my only option;

To sumup, I am making anyway an order since it feels safer to have something at home in case something happens.

- Ruby Rally Pro vs PraziPro = Which one is better in my circumstances?
- Polyplab Medic vs Ich-x = Which one is better in my circumstances?
- Hydroplex to dip new fish. Is really worth it?

Thank you all, again!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gabbone

Gabbone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I just have a question; is that possible to do bath/dip in Ruby Rally? If so, for how many minutes/hours?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi guys,

I just have a question; is that possible to do bath/dip in Ruby Rally? If so, for how many minutes/hours?
Yes - 60 minute bath with aeration using airstone then go to standard treatment

Back