OP
OP
Ryan15236

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking good man, I hope you get the lighting issue worked out soon!
Thanks, good call point out using metal shelf bracket too by the way. Definitely going to have to keep my eye on that. It's covered by a thick rubberized paint it seems like. Hopefully that will deter any rust from forming

OP
OP
Ryan15236

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. Not much is happening with the tank. I am ok with this though because I am finishing up school and have limited time and money. Everything is going great though. Lighting issue has been resolved. Tank is maturing nicely. Still some diatoms. Pods galore in the tank. Seen Copepods, amphipods, munid isopods, bristleworms, and some other critters. Stocking hasn't changed much. This is what it looks like
Open brain coral
2 head of hammer
6 blue hornets
20+ gold mauls
13 whammin watermelons
6 fire and ice
7-9 heads of Duncan
Jason fox lepto
Some neon green sps, cant think of the name right now
2 black ice clowns
Firefish
Fire shrimp
Scarlet hermits
Cerith and nassasuris snails.
Have some pics to share

OP
OP
Ryan15236

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick update: got some sps frags in last week. Most are doing well. Lost a teal tip acro and about lost a green slimer. They are settling in pretty nicely however.
Purple Acro

tri color granulosa

Was an awesome frag of green slimer that experienced pretty heavy RTN. I just decided to let it be and see if would pull through because fragging it during the RTN probably would have left me with no frag at all. Thankfully it stopped and is on the path to recovery hopefully.

orange cap and sour apple BN. Once again all sps have only been in tank for a week so they are really colored up well at the moment but hopefully will

rainbow mille

rainbow stylo

open brain just because I love it

green stylo and I think the other is supposed to be a purple stylo.

better green stylo pic

Left side

rainbow poccilopora

Torch for the heck of it

Others not pictured:
bicolor hammer
jason fox lepto
whammin watermelons
neon green hydnphora
ORA green birdsnest
mushrooms
candycanes
duncans
fire and ice zoas

OP
OP
Ryan15236

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS

Tank is starting to fill in nicely. Starting to accumulate some frags. I think I will stop stocking coral for awhile and let these settle in and maybe start focusing back on stocking fish!

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not realize you had that much of an issue with that light. Has it been fine since? Your tank is looking amazing! i may have to get some of those mauls for my zoa collection lol.

OP
OP
Ryan15236

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not realize you had that much of an issue with that light. Has it been fine since? Your tank is looking amazing! i may have to get some of those mauls for my zoa collection lol.

That light was a weird situation. After I took it apart and tried a new module it didn't work so then I just plugged the old one back in and made sure the remote was well charged all the time and it has worked ever since.

Tanks the tank still has a long way to go. I am going to order about 10 more acros in the next month or so then just let it all go for awhile.

I actually traded most of gold mauls but I still have 4 polyps. Once those grow for me some more I can probably frag you some.

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am expecting them. I will be ordering me a new tank shortly. Most likely will be after Xmas.

OP
OP
Ryan15236

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few new additions I will share for now. Sorry for my crappy photos. Taking pics with an old iphone 4 can be tricky. Sometimes I have to leave the white channel on my light on by itself to get a half decent picture.
I have added 4 polyps of gold maul zoa, 3 polyps of rasta zoas, and some sort of green acro. This weekend I will try to get some growth pictures as my SPS is starting to take off a bit. Torch also went from 1 head to 3 which I am happy about. My whammin watermelon zoas are melting away and only have a few polyps left. Gonna give them to a friend and see if he can bring them back for me. Should also have some new fish this weekend!

brundell88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks amazing. This threads helpin me out quite a bit since I just started up a 125. I think i'm gonna have to get some of the marco rock. Also do you like that led fixture from reef breeders? I saw you had a little trouble with it.

OP
OP
Ryan15236

Ryan15236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks amazing. This threads helpin me out quite a bit since I just started up a 125. I think i'm gonna have to get some of the marco rock. Also do you like that led fixture from reef breeders? I saw you had a little trouble with it.

Marcorocks is good stuff. If you can catch it on sale I would try go get about 150lbs. Should give you a nice variety of rocks to chose from. I purchased 150 lbs which turned into about 170lbs and it was plenty for my tank and refugium. Actually have some left over as well.

Love the reefbreeders light. Reefbreeders has awesome customer service. The light is very powerful, cool and silent running, and allows you to have a lot of control which is nice especially for the price. They are super easy to work on if you ever want to change out optics, change LEDs, or just making repairs. They are covered by a two year warranty I believe so if something does go wrong logan at reefbreeders will get you fixed up. My issue was believed to be a faulty wifi module because was turning off around the same time near the end of the week. However One time for sure the remote was dead so that might have caused it. Anyways i went inside the fixture and disconnect the module and reconnected it and kept the remote charged and have not had any problems at all since then which was about 3 months ago. If you think you may like reefbreeders don't be afraid to pull the trigger, good luck!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back