Saltwater Mollies

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so surprising that a molly that was drip acclimated would die so quickly and yet I read that before. It's not what would be expected but it's good to know.

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so surprising that a molly that was drip acclimated would die so quickly and yet I read that before. It's not what would be expected but it's good to know.

I'm not. I am actually not a fan of drip acclimating fish at all. When I first got into the hobby, I would drip acclimate everything. Then, I noticed I had mixed results. So, I did some research and took some advice from a friend. They did not drip acclimate, but temp acclimated. I did the same and noticed that my success rate increased. I haven't lost a fish due to poor acclimation since I began doing the temp acclimation.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not. I am actually not a fan of drip acclimating fish at all. When I first got into the hobby, I would drip acclimate everything. Then, I noticed I had mixed results. So, I did some research and took some advice from a friend. They did not drip acclimate, but temp acclimated. I did the same and noticed that my success rate increased. I haven't lost a fish due to poor acclimation since I began doing the temp acclimation.

Humph, I did not know that. I always do the dip acclimation, ya know, dip out a cup of water in the bag and add a cup of water from the tank. 10 minutes later repeat and do that 3 Xs.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back