SBB 275 Auctions plus 160 Fresh corals - Going on now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the one coral you are looking for that we dont stock? are are expanding our selection and getting into more corals.

we are also updating our website to catagories each coral we have in stock by catagory
I'm the LPS man - fungia, diaseris, scolys, wellsos...

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
what is the one coral you are looking for that we dont stock? are are expanding our selection and getting into more corals.

we are also updating our website to catagories each coral we have in stock by catagory
I'm mostly here for the acros

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Exactly. Can always find deals on LPS, wholesalers and locals, but clean acros with great colors, named by and attatched to SBB carries some future resale opportunity. Cant do that with any old maris out of a garage.
Yes, LPS and softies are more common. Personally I would rather get my hammers, torches, froggies from Shane. If he has some of the SBB zoas I would buy those also.

Good acros are just harder to find period.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, LPS and softies are more common. Personally I would rather get my hammers, torches, froggies from Shane. If he has some of the SBB zoas I would buy those also.

Good acros are just harder to find period.
True, the SBB torches are a whole nother level. Its comical when i hit the LFS and see the prices/color of their torches.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
True, the SBB torches are a whole nother level. Its comical when i hit the LFS and see the prices/color of their torches.
I just have the one torch from SBB, I think i just prefer to see them in person. I usually pick them up at frag swaps. There are a couple hobbyist and vendors that go to the localish swaps and have some really nice torches

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have the one torch from SBB, I think i just prefer to see them in person. I usually pick them up at frag swaps. There are a couple hobbyist and vendors that go to the localish swaps and have some really nice torches
I can confidently say that every single SBB torch in my tank is leagues above my local reefers and LFS. You can spot them a mile away. Most notably is the SBB hellfire vs local hellfires, ive had two from local reefers. The real test is even under whiter light the SBBs have some epic color. The contrast of tip, tentacle and mouth is pretty serious too.

I guess what im saying is that after price cuts and discounts i have 0 incentive to consider non-SBB torches at this point. I picked up a no name on that saturday night insanity, interested to see how that compares.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i can get my crap together and start moving stuff locally i may just get a license and see if i can bulk buy off shane, even with just standard sale prices i could come out ahead of local market price by 20-30$ per head, easy.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I can confidently say that every single SBB torch in my tank is leagues above my local reefers and LFS. You can spot them a mile away. Most notably is the SBB hellfire vs local hellfires, ive had two from local reefers. The real test is even under whiter light the SBBs have some epic color. The contrast of tip, tentacle and mouth is pretty serious too.

I guess what im saying is that after price cuts and discounts i have 0 incentive to consider non-SBB torches at this point. I picked up a no name on that saturday night insanity, interested to see how that compares.
90 percent of the time i only have eyes for acros, but when i'm walking around the swap sometimes a torch catches my eye and i decide i have to have it. I just don't normally pay that much attention to the torches during an SBB sale. Thats why i end up buying most of my torches in person. It would be awesome if SBB would make it out to one of my localish swaps.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 percent of the time i only have eyes for acros, but when i'm walking around the swap sometimes a torch catches my eye and i decide i have to have it. I just don't normally pay that much attention to the torches during an SBB sale. Thats why i end up buying most of my torches in person. It would be awesome if SBB would make it out to one of my localish swaps.
Yeah i get it. The bright AF, goldilocks, 99 banana and doctor strange are worth keeping an eye on late into a sale w/ discounts. Highly recommend rolling the dice on one of those if you have a spot for one.

Was hoping SBB was going to make reefapalooza orlando :(

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back