SBB-End of Summer Blowout! 700 WYSWYG-200 Auctions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I don’t even think the sun is out that long. Maybe you’re forcing some colors out of those corals that don’t even happen in nature
I think there is an inherent difference in puck style leds and panel style leds. The panels are spread out and much more t5ish...the pucks have a lot more coming from a small source. I have no science to back this up..lol

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Japanese Chin - Wikipedia
so scarry right. RIP have been gone a couple years now.
I've got 4 Shepherd mixes. 12 pounds to 65 pounds. Turns out most Shepherds are very protective of the flock... Not a lot of people can come to my house.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking. Thinking of changing it to a longer ramp up and down, and having a 7 hour peak time.
I think im at 8. 1 hr ramp up down then blues come on then hr later whites. runs 9 to 9.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is an inherent difference in puck style leds and panel style leds. The panels are spread out and much more t5ish...the pucks have a lot more coming from a small source. I have no science to back this up..lol
I was thinking about trying the defusers on the Radions. some say it’s good and some say it’s not.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking. Thinking of changing it to a longer ramp up and down, and having a 7 hour peak time.
I know you can’t compare our lights to the sun and I may be making this science up in my own head, but…..

If you look at the UV index in Bali the peak is like 5-6 hours per day. You can see in this link if you look at the hourly report and click on the down arrow per hour.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about trying the defusers on the Radions. some say it’s good and some say it’s not.
Radions are not the strongest on par already..but a diffuser and lowered might help. At 14" the vipars are extremely consistent with no Hotspot and blanket coverage..I think that's what makes the difference. Quanta bars will be added next....ramps are for dirtbikes.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. First time I’ve really noticed how much the corals really seems to like the kz 4 part. LPS are noticeably pluffier and my SPS even seem to pop out a bit more. Usually so busy messing with the tanks I don’t pay close attention to that. Today I’ve just been sitting and admiring as I contemplate some spots to glue my mushrooms in the nano.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you can’t compare our lights to the sun and I may be making this science up in my own head, but…..

If you look at the UV index in Bali the peak is like 5-6 hours per day. You can see in this link if you look at the hourly report and click on the down arrow per hour.
my whites are only at 10 percent though...keep that in mind.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask @wes84 I think he bought em all last sale...
Ha ha...yes well that is what he has for sale...im talking about the stuff that pops out every once in a while like the Orange envy that I got in an order and what not....

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
morning, everyone. i hooked up my RO last night and ran it for the first time, it is rated for 75 GPD and i do not have a booster pump. i left it running overnight and it made approximately 27 gallons of water in the course of 9 hours. is that normal, or is something (probably) wrong with it? i imagine so since i have been doing many things wrong lol but just wanted to see.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Indo gold is usually more of a generic term for a gold torch from Indonesia. So there is a pretty decent chance they are different. several of my torches are no name indo golds and call them all indo golds
Ay... im aware of that. I was more wondering since one of them has short and fat noodles, more to what sbb calls kristata ?
Screenshot_20230921_102545_Chrome.jpg

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've got 4 Shepherd mixes. 12 pounds to 65 pounds. Turns out most Shepherds are very protective of the flock... Not a lot of people can come to my house.
i have a Rottweiler mix and she is crazy paranoid, also a Australian Shepard mix, and i thought she was protective till i got the rott mix. she imagines crime a mile a way and barks, scaring the crap out of the rest of us.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
morning, everyone. i hooked up my RO last night and ran it for the first time, it is rated for 75 GPD and i do not have a booster pump. i left it running overnight and it made approximately 27 gallons of water in the course of 9 hours. is that normal, or is something (probably) wrong with it? i imagine so since i have been doing many things wrong lol but just wanted to see.
Pressure has a lot to do with it. if you have lower pressure it will not be as efficient. I think its something like 50psi to get the 75 gpd.

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pressure has a lot to do with it. if you have lower pressure it will not be as efficient. I think its something like 50psi to get the 75 gpd.
according to the gauge i have on it it was around 60 PSI, and that was turned fully on. i know i will need a booster pump

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75 gal/day is 3 gal per hour times 9 hours is 27 gallons. Seems right.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i have a Rottweiler mix and she is crazy paranoid, also a Australian Shepard mix, and i thought she was protective till i got the rott mix. she imagines crime a mile a way and barks, scaring the crap out of the rest of us.
Rotties are goofy. They're either good guard dogs or total pushovers.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Seems right. I have to run a booster to get my psi to about 70-80. With it, I make a full 5gal bucket in under an hr.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back