SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 11, Members: 9, Guests: 2)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Creepy storms a brewin tonight
IMG_20240507_210210410~2.jpg
Tornado watch till 3AM here

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey man ill be in SD at the end of july, any stores around the area worth taking a look at?
Hit up @DJF and see if he can meet you at Kung Fu Corals. I think he knows Danny the owner or shops there enough to not get the list pricing. ASD is down here and worth the trip. Otherwise, the main LFS down here is Aquatic Warehouse. They sell mostly fish and corals are 70-80% trade ins. Another place down here Pet Kingdom has a small amount of coral as trade ins as well, but they have some steals if timed right.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit up @DJF and see if he can meet you at Kung Fu Corals. I think he knows Danny the owner or shops there enough to not get the list pricing. ASD is down here and worth the trip. Otherwise, the main LFS down here is Aquatic Warehouse. They sell mostly fish and corals are 70-80% trade ins. Another place down here Pet Kingdom has a small amount of coral as trade ins as well, but they have some steals if timed right.
ill for sure have to write those down! flying in on the 20th but crossing the border the very next day for another flight. we'll spend a couple of days in SD on the way back but not sure on the days yet.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Since we all declared how old we are..... this thread is reminding me of an AOL chat room

Lurker GIF
I was looking for "Epstein lurking" and this was the best they had. Sometimes you just got to create your own meme.

This would have been more appropriate.
1715135609473.png

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you change the media and what brand?
I use the BRS bulk media, and changed it about once a month when I used it. I had it in their biggest media reactor. I had to add water to the bottom about once a week. I was scrubbing the air from outside so wasn’t too much use.

Ultimately I stopped using it by upping my pH with a refugium.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the BRS bulk media, and changed it about once a month when I used it. I had it in their biggest media reactor. I had to add water to the bottom about once a week. I was scrubbing the air from outside so wasn’t too much use.

Ultimately I stopped using it by upping my pH with a refugium.
Good info.. I use the same... BRS media with their biggest reactor. The color change isn't great with that media.. I've thought about adding more water. All I know is that after 2-weeks 50-60ml of water is gone.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back