Spring Reefing: Is your tank interaction limited?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahhhh SPRING!!

I’m a lover of the sun, the warmth and the beautiful new life that comes to my part of the world during the spring! I’m well aware that many of you love it too!

What also comes with this amazing spring weather is outdoor activities that may limit how much time we spend with our tanks.

Let’s talk about it!

Is your tank interaction more limited in the spring months?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any other hobbies or activities other than yard work myself. Reefing is still everyday for me. But in my area, reefing comes to a screeching halt around this time of the year, and picks up again in December.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t have any other hobbies or activities other than yard work myself. Reefing is still everyday for me. But in my area, reefing comes to a screeching halt around this time of the year, and picks up again in December.
Wow December?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow December?
For the most part. It starts to trickle back in September or so, but not really into full swing until the cold weather and snow kicks in. This is the perfect time to open the windows and get that ph up though! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the most part. It starts to trickle back in September or so, but not really into full swing until the cold weather and snow kicks in. This is the perfect time to open the windows and get that ph up though! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Haha yes fresh air for the tank!

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More neglect in the summer, but yes, once nice weather comes around for the first time after winter it usually goes to the basics at times.

That said, had a full hip replacement in February. It went well and I was able to pay more attention to the tank than usual and work on some things. Even more time to be on R2R!

Then, broke a bone in one foot while rehabbing. Can’t do as much with aquarium right now….had to cancel Reefapalooze visit this weekend. But trying to get some projects completed before the summer auto-neglect processes kick in.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More neglect in the summer, but yes, once nice weather comes around for the first time after winter it usually goes to the basics at times.

That said, had a full hip replacement in February. It went well and I was able to pay more attention to the tank than usual and work on some things. Even more time to be on R2R!

Then, broke a bone in one foot while rehabbing. Can’t do as much with aquarium right now….had to cancel Reefapalooze visit this weekend. But trying to get some projects completed before the summer auto-neglect processes kick in.

So sorry to hear that!! Hope you recover quickly!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t have a large tank ( yet) so my maintenance schedule doesn’t change. I actually enjoy it.
It’s a blessing and a curse! :p

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always seem to have bigger projects going on in the late winter/early spring so my tank does take a direct hit this time of year. This will be my 3rd spring season and I'm already neglecting my tank more than any other time of year (again).

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am mostly hands off year round. I look at the tank more often than I did for years, but rarely have my hands wet or fiddle with equipment, for better or for worse I guess. I used to love to work with the tank, but now just prefer to look at it and have no interest in DIYing anything or working with equipment. In fact I have (3) Red Dragon pumps on the shelf that are slated to replace a 15 year old ReeFlo Dart and and a few other pumps. They just sit on the shelf as I avoid getting into the mess.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef has become my obsession I guess you could say. But since I don’t have any other active hobbies at the moment that’s fine. And I love seeing it from the sofa even when watching tv. And my cat thinks it’s entertainment just for her haha :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back