SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 3, Guests: 4)

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal...yeah the bag of Ammonium has sat for a couple weeks now...just want a stretch of time where I know I can watch closely for prolonged period.

Also planning to stop FWS after this run and just mix up the captivate traces...I've seen my iodine shoot up, as expected and a few other traces...

Cool! I switched my last couple batchs to the PNS...the zeozyme isnt cheap either...but you dont use much. I currently use the recommended weekly dosages of zeozyme/zeofood plus/zeobak/AF NP Pro/Coral Vitalizer/Probio S and reef roids or TM Phosfeed (which I think drove up my po4 like you) and benepets and a splash of RS Reef Nutrition and a couple ml of vinegar. I make 20oz at a time and does that through the week on my IM150.

I'm sure I am overcomplicating everything as I had nice SPS without doing any of this 10yrs ago but this is what keeps me in the hobby : )
My po4 did raise as I was having to dose po4 before and still was just barely staying off of 0. I haven't used zeozyme, I believe the np pro is a substitute. It'd also alot cheaper and available on Amazon. I could be wrong though as this stuff is the absolute wild wild west IMO. Hope to see some updates from ya.

I did a touch of vinegar once, but figure the aminos and roids contain enough carbon. Maybe that's my issue though is I'm running out of carbon or enzyme? Mine goes rancid after 3 days. I'm also heating to 87F and aerating with air pump.

6t4nova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah so not sure how ya would dose it on a doser as it must be refrigerated. Make sure ya shake it daily too so it doesn't collect at the bottom and die.
It’s in the fridge now. I thought I had read where someone was dosing it throughout the day. I like the idea of just mixing in with the food

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah so not sure how ya would dose it on a doser as it must be refrigerated. Make sure ya shake it daily too so it doesn't collect at the bottom and die.
Not dosing that on a doser - that is manual. The Po4/nitrate/FWS/captivate are on dosers. Though I thought about buying one of those desktop fridges as there only $40-50 to keep next to the tank and dose out of but the shaking into suspension is still a issue. Thinking about putting it on my homebrewing stir plate when its "cooking". I haven't added oxygen or anything to it yet...just shaking the bottle.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not dosing that on a doser - that is manual. The Po4/nitrate/FWS/captivate are on dosers. Though I thought about buying one of those desktop fridges as there only $40-50 to keep next to the tank and dose out of but the shaking into suspension is still a issue. Thinking about putting it on my homebrewing stir plate when its "cooking". I haven't added oxygen or anything to it yet...just shaking the bottle.
That was my reply to nova regarding his question about phyto.

Unless you're also responding to him about your future plan to dose phyto via refrigerator next to tank.

The concotion is manual dose for me as well.

Are you supposed to refrigerate the concotion after its "brewed". I leave mine on the heater and air pump but it gets an odor by end of day 3 and I have to toss it.

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My po4 did raise as I was having to dose po4 before and still was just barely staying off of 0. I haven't used zeozyme, I believe the np pro is a substitute. It'd also alot cheaper and available on Amazon. I could be wrong though as this stuff is the absolute wild wild west IMO. Hope to see some updates from ya.

I did a touch of vinegar once, but figure the aminos and roids contain enough carbon. Maybe that's my issue though is I'm running out of carbon or enzyme? Mine goes rancid after 3 days. I'm also heating to 87F and aerating with air pump.
Yeah, I used the aminos too as a carbon source but switched to vinegar when I ran out.... I have been just putting the mixed bottle in a bucket of 85F water using a sous vide heater for 4-5hrs . I'm not too sure what piece of the puzzle is essential lol

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That was my reply to nova regarding his question about phyto.

Unless you're also responding to him about your future plan to dose phyto via refrigerator next to tank.

The concotion is manual dose for me as well.

Are you supposed to refrigerate the concotion after its "brewed". I leave mine on the heater and air pump but it gets an odor by end of day 3 and I have to toss it.
Yeah, at least I read to keep out for 24hrs then refrigerate or it wont last.

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My concoction is WAY less complicated and I still get this feeding response quickly after dosing. Look at all the acros in the video
Yeah, I was getting great PE before. This is just the next "thing" that some have reported crazy growth overall perceived health. Is that "mind freeze"? I have one coming from this sale.

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No thats a BC. Here is a SBB Speciosa that looked just like the mind freezes in this sale, when I first got it.

Nice!! I hope the mind freeze ends up looking like that. How has your success been with the speciosa's? You know what PAR you are hitting it with?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! I hope the mind freeze ends up looking like that. How has your success been with the speciosa's? You know what PAR you are hitting it with?
Both my SBB speciosa had some TN after being in the tank for a few days, the one above is Frozen Voltorn and as you can see in the vidoes, the base had some TN and I just left it. My other SBB is Crayola Madness and it had some TN on the tips and I cut it off. Both of them look great now. I don't know my PAR, I'm using T5 8-bulb fixture and ReefBrite XHO LED bar. I haven't had any speciosas die yet.

Last edited:

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No thats a BC. Here is a SBB Speciosa that looked just like the mind freezes in this sale, when I first got it.

Here is how it looked when I got it:

1715229102612.jpeg

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say so! Also glad to hear yours survived with showing TN. I see lots of posts of them RTNing all of a sudden for no apparent reason.
My wolverine STNd and stopped. My snail chucked my mindfreeze to the abyss. I believe my tin issue finished off the wolverine* as the STN resume when I lost a couple other pieces. Wolverine and Bugs Bunny were the only two SBB acros I lost during the crash. My 2nd bugs bunny (mystery pickup) seems to be doing ok.

Shanes millis are weeds.

Mango Tango, Sesame Street, Cosmic Bubblegum
1000033890.jpg

1000033912.jpg

1000033908.jpg

Last edited:

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wolverine STNd and stopped. My snail chucked my mindfreeze to the abyss. I believe my tin issue finished off the wolverine* as the STN resume when I lost a couple other pieces. Wolverine and Bugs Bunny were the only two SBB acros I lost during the crash. My 2nd bugs bunny (mystery pickup) seems to be doing ok.

Shanes millis are weeds.

Mango Tango, Sesame Street, Cosmic Bubblegum
1000033890.jpg

1000033912.jpg

1000033908.jpg
Well at least you seem to have a reason for losing it….its the out of the blue STN reports that have kept me away from the speciosa’s. Milli’s look good!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back