SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 3, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ah ok thanks :D
I'm just giving you a hard time btw, but you do have this on your FAQ page https://samuelstewartphotography.square.site/faqs

Initial feedback, looks good. Templatized, but still clean. I'd move your subscribe pop up to the sales page, people don't want to get spammed right when going to a page. Put the shop into the menu at the top as well for navigation purposes.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairly easy yes. I done it for a year. Just don't let them get too hot, they handle the cold better.
I might have better luck than some phyto cultures than lol!
I think one of my problems is the ambient temp inside my house. Sits at 70 all day long.
And maybe not enough light lol

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing Tisbe and Apoc. They grow, just kind of a pain with the mulm that settles and how much you have to feed every couple of days. I forget sometimes and they starve. Phyto is set it and harvest it a week later.
That might be another problem I bet you I will forget quite often lol

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Fairly easy yes. I done it for a year. Just don't let them get too hot, they handle the cold better.
This is species dependent actually. I have my Apocs in a jar in the garage, the other is in the house next to the phyto because Tisbe are more temperature sensitive apparently.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm doing Tisbe and Apoc. They grow, just kind of a pain with the mulm that settles and how much you have to feed every couple of days. I forget sometimes and they starve. Phyto is set it and harvest it a week later.
I've read those are more difficult. The tiggers I had in a gallon jug and 10g aquarium in the basement were thick. Air pump and that was it. Top off water and added phyto twice a week.

When I moved the cultures outside is when I lost them. I might try again this summer and put them on the north side in the shade.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That might be another problem I bet you I will forget quite often lol
Everything says to put phyto in to color the water like "tea" every couple of days (this is from Algaebarn's page and others). You can't just dump a ton of phyto in since it will settle out, so if I remember to add phyto every couple of days it does fine. I sometimes forget and then look at clear water and a few swimming around when I reset my phyto cultures. They always come back, just some care to them.

The other thing is that as you add phyto, evap causes salinity to increase. I almost always forget to add a little RODI water and I've checked it before at harvest and it can be 1.028 or something slightly higher.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've read those are more difficult. The tiggers I had in a gallon jug and 10g aquarium in the basement were thick. Air pump and that was it. Top off water and added phyto twice a week.

When I moved the cultures outside is when I lost them. I might try again this summer and put them on the north side in the shade.
I should try tigs then.

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000000415.jpg

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just giving you a hard time btw, but you do have this on your FAQ page https://samuelstewartphotography.square.site/faqs

Initial feedback, looks good. Templatized, but still clean. I'd move your subscribe pop up to the sales page, people don't want to get spammed right when going to a page. Put the shop into the menu at the top as well for navigation purposes.
I did that(the menu thing)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Where are the fish?
Two clowns are near the nem box, others are buried under coral.
1715281484642.png

I'm just kidding, they are somewhere. The mandarin dragonette is cruising the bottom, the starry blenny sits in another mushroom box that is just out of camera, there is a St Thomas mushroom in it that is his sleeping bag. The Springeri and 6line live in the monti cap tunnels.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 183 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back