SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 19, Members: 8, Guests: 11)

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hitting it hard. I make a budget bottle with bacter7, af np pro, roids, fuel, and calcium carbonate. 100-150ml/day (1 or 2 feedings). 125g + 20 gal frag tank.

Then I alternate, a separate batch with biodigest bacteria, instead of bacter7, because of cost.

Both seem to benefit the tank. Not dialed in yet but nutes are still fairly low (.03po4/5ppm no3)
Those nutrients are a little lower than I'm comfortable with. But plenty of nice tanks out there with PO4 that low

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acropower vs Aquavitro fuel. I used fuel before, but don't know which have better result
I was using both before my crash, alternating daily.

I stopped aminos, nitrate, FWS, and coral boost cold turkey. Started ammonium and then concotion a week later. It's so hard to say how long that tin issue was an issue, but this is working noticeably better than those methods did, for my tank. The tin could have been disrupting those benefits though.

My wallet appreciates it though.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using both before my crash, alternating daily.

I stopped aminos, nitrate, FWS, and coral boost cold turkey. Started ammonium and then concotion a week later. It's so hard to say how long that tin issue was an issue, but this is working noticeably better than those methods did, for my tank. The tin could have been disrupting those benefits though.

My wallet appreciates it though.
Tin is bad, so like you said. hard to say.
Isn't ammonium dosing another way of raising Nitrates?

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those nutrients are a little lower than I'm comfortable with. But plenty of nice tanks out there with PO4 that low
I don't like it either. I'd prefer 10/.1. Whenever I try to force something I get smacked. I'm expecting the concotion to get me up there. I was having to dose nitrate/po4 daily before. I'm still in uncharted territory with how much has been going on, uncomfortable with the lack of scienced/measurable stability, but it's all looking positive so far, just testing twice a week opposed to more hands off in the past.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Please don't forget we encourage all talk here. You can speak about other vendors ask questions show off other vendors corals ect talking about pricing and you are allowed to also sell your corals here trade ect

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm hitting it hard. I make a budget bottle with bacter7, af np pro, roids, fuel, and calcium carbonate. 100-150ml/day (1 or 2 feedings). 125g + 20 gal frag tank.

Then I alternate, a separate batch with biodigest bacteria, instead of bacter7, because of cost.

Both seem to benefit the tank. Not dialed in yet but nutes are still fairly low (.03po4/5ppm no3)
This sounds interesting and complex, something that I want to try. I’d want to grab a microscope to check bacteria density though.

Honestly though, things go well with what @Thuan posted and it’s much simpler, so don’t know the longevity of me trying out the juice, but sounds like some fun reef science.

For what it’s worth, I do as mentioned, benepets, healthy dose of phytos (Nanno, tetra, and iso), flatworm stop (mostly for the iodine), KZ coral vitalizer daily. A treat would be oyster feast if I buy it. Fuel is maybe an every other day item, maybe daily if I remember. Based on how low things are, I add NeoNitro or use Reef Roids for phosphate raising.

All for reef is the main trace elements, 26ml daily into my 32gallon AIO. I add a bump of a capful of Aquavitro Ions for mag mid week. I water change 5g either weekly or biweekly depending on how busy I am, and I’m using TM Bio-Actif salt. So I feel like at some level I’m carbon dosing to fuel bacteria growth.

I’m sitting on some potassion, but never dosed it. I’ll add some Microbacter 7 on water changes if I have it.

Last edited:

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This sounds interesting and complex, something that I want to try. I’d want to grab a microscope to check bacteria density though.

Honestly though, things go well with what @Thuan posted since posted and it’s much simpler, so don’t know the longevity of me trying out the juice, but sounds like some fun reef science.

For what it’s worth, I do as mentioned, benepets, healthy dose of phytos (Nanno, tetra, and iso), flatworm stop (mostly for the iodine), KZ coral vitalizer daily. A treat would be oyster feast if I buy it. Fuel is maybe an every other day item, maybe daily if I remember. Based on how low things are, I add NeoNitro or use Reef Roids for phosphate raising.

All for reef is the main trade elements, 26ml daily into my 32gallon AIO. I add a bump of a capful of Aquavitro Ions for mag mid week. I water change 5g either weekly or biweekly depending on how busy I am, and I’m using TM Bio-Actif salt. So I feel like at some level I’m carbon dosing to fuel bacteria growth.

I’m sitting on some potassion, but never dosed it. I’ll add some Microbacter 7 on water changes if I have it.
Things are going good for me, so I'm staying put. I'm happy that it works for others, but the old saying goes, why change when it's not broken. I dose kz 1234 1x a week, wc 1x/3ks, ESV 2-part, and feed my mix every other day.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Things are going good for me, so I'm staying put. I'm happy that it works for others, but the old saying goes, why change when it's not broken. I dose kz 1234 1x a week, wc 1x/3ks, ESV 2-part, and feed my mix every other day.
Agree and your tank is phenomenal.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will say though, if someone has the secret to acans or bowers growing faster, I’m game. You mentioned your acans are growing new heads.

If I can get my bleeding apple bowerbanki or Mardi Gras acan to grow faster, I’d be super happy.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I will say though, if someone has the secret to acans or bowers growing faster, I’m game. You mentioned your acans are growing new heads.

If I can get my bleeding apple bowerbanki or Mardi Gras acan to grow faster, I’d be super happy.
Some grow faster than others, I have one that's been a single head for 6 months and another that's put on 20 in the same amount of time.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

With the par meter I borrow last week, I have the acan at about 120 par. I target feed at least 2x a week while chopped mysis with phyto, reef roids, benereef, and I add a few drops of selcon. I get it soak for like 10 minutes. The single head acan baby_shark gifted me a while back now has 8 heads. I've also started to use polylab polyp booster 15 mins before each feeding. Most of my bowers are form ASD.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some grow faster than others, I have one that's been a single head for 6 months and another that's put on 20 in the same amount of time.
20! I just need some real estate to grow them out, I’m so crowded. Avert your eyes @billyocean
The Office Reaction GIF

Acans are one of my favorite corals. This includes the micros, lords, and bowers.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m in an airplane on my work phone which is an iPhone, I feel like it does stupid autocorrects more frequently than my android…

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back