Seachem reef fusion continued

Korkuc36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have my tank balanced. Thanks for the info on my prior post a few days ago. This one is about seachem reef fusion. I seen a thread from a couple years ago about how it isnt truly balanced when dosing 1:1. Is there any way to maybe add a little less part 1 to match part 2 or vice versa? Or should I add 1:1 regardless and just up my calcium? I would like to stay with reef fusion as it has magnesium and trace elements as well. Since I am newer to dosing, the less bottles I see the better

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have my tank balanced. Thanks for the info on my prior post a few days ago. This one is about seachem reef fusion. I seen a thread from a couple years ago about how it isnt truly balanced when dosing 1:1. Is there any way to maybe add a little less part 1 to match part 2 or vice versa? Or should I add 1:1 regardless and just up my calcium? I would like to stay with reef fusion as it has magnesium and trace elements as well. Since I am newer to dosing, the less bottles I see the better

Not to mess with your plan, but if your worried about multiple dosing solutions why not try All For Reef?

Eventually any dosing solution (single or combo) will need adjusted at one point or another. Some more frequently than others. Tank size and corals/algae consumption will factor into this.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, dosing a little less of the calcium part is likely OK. I'm a little concerned about whether the rest of the ions in it are designed properly if they make such a basic design mistake, but in terms of alk and calcium, that would be fine. :)

OP
OP
K

Korkuc36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to mess with your plan, but if your worried about multiple dosing solutions why not try All For Reef?

Eventually any dosing solution (single or combo) will need adjusted at one point or another. Some more frequently than others. Tank size and corals/algae consumption will factor into this.
I do plan on testing once weekly to see if any adjustments are needed. I only have 1 sps, the rest are leathers, nems and zoa's. Tons and tons of corraline algea. I know it's mostly the algea consuming everything. I want to wait to add any more sps until I have this dosing thing down. I don't want to needlessly kill anything so I been going crazy trying to learn how to dose, and everything that comes along with it

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.9%
Back