Sebae Anemone Dying?

ccoakley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only had this guy for 4 days, bought it at the same time as a Condy Anemone. I’m fairly certain the Sebae is dead or dying; the Cindy is doing great. Is it just my bad luck of the draw or do you all think something else? Sunday pic and today’s pic attached.

IMG_0702.jpeg image.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have some more details? Tank age, lighting, parameters, procurement and acclimation information?

OP
OP
ccoakley

ccoakley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have some more details? Tank age, lighting, parameters, procurement and acclimation information?
Sorry, I always forget to add that info. Got him at my local LFS and acclimated like I did the other, poured it and its water into a bowl and added water from my tank to the combo. Let it sit about 30min before adding to the tank. Tank is a little over 2 and half years old. Current USA LED.

Parameters steady…
Ph 8.0
Phosphate 0.25ppm
Nitrate 20ppm
Alk 2.5meqL
Calcium 440ppm
Salinity 1.026
Temp 78.5

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not the most knowledgeable with these and if medication is a recommended course of action..

Do you by chance know how long it was at the LFS?

@OrionN @Eagle_Steve @Hot2na

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS said a week.
So probably went through a rough journey through God knows what the week before that. My thoughts would be the cipro treatment recommended in the anemone forum stickies.

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it is starting to melt down. There is no chance of recovery if that is the case. Another clearer photo if possible would help to assess if indeed it's a goner.

OP
OP
ccoakley

ccoakley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it is starting to melt down. There is no chance of recovery if that is the case. Another clearer photo if possible would help to assess if indeed it's a goner.
Definitely melted; this is from this morning. Any ideas as to why? All the others are doing fantastic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 24

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely melted; this is from this morning. Any ideas as to why? All the others are doing fantastic.
Sorry to hear you lost it. Heteractis crispa is certainly not an easy species. They are frequently bleached when they arrive to dealers and they seem somewhat susceptible to infection. They are probably injured during collection, as they often attach to rocks, and unlike your condylactis, they are not very resilient. Some species of anemone are just hardier in aquaria compared to others. Of the host anemone species, Entacmaea quadricolor, BTA's, is the hardiest.

OP
OP
ccoakley

ccoakley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you lost it. Heteractis crispa is certainly not an easy species. They are frequently bleached when they arrive to dealers and they seem somewhat susceptible to infection. They are probably injured during collection, as they often attach to rocks, and unlike your condylactis, they are not very resilient. Some species of anemone are just hardier in aquaria compared to others. Of the host anemone species, Entacmaea quadricolor, BTA's, is the hardiest.
That’s fair. I figured it wasn’t anything I had done since everything is happy and healthy. It sucks the Anemone had to go through that.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back