Secret to clove polyps?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine seem to like being at the top of the tank where the light is strongest and the flow is strongest. They were in the middle of my tank and not doing well. They came back in a week after I moved them up top

hionreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd. I had them in higher flow and they really didn’t like it as much as low alternating flow. They seem to be growing and spreading though.

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The secret to clove polyps is DONT! Very invasive once they take off and not easy to eradicate - especially Blue Clove Polyps ( Sesrch BCP and u will see what I mean ) - while u might be struggling to grow them now once ur tank is dialed and they start growing on everything you will be in a pinch to control them

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are having a bunch of babies come in!

Attachments

• IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 16

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The secret to clove polyps is DONT! Very invasive once they take off and not easy to eradicate - especially Blue Clove Polyps ( Sesrch BCP and u will see what I mean ) - while u might be struggling to grow them now once ur tank is dialed and they start growing on everything you will be in a pinch to control them
Blue clove polyps is a different beast. Agreed, I do not recommend these. They can spread like wildfire.
These are much smaller and don't have long stalks.

I do recommend the larger colored ones. Much nicer and easier to manage. Ex, Firework cloves.

softreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue clove polyps are several different beasts, at least 2. 1 small and considered a pest, also i'd love to buy it because i have a particular use for it, to cover gorgonia rock. Oddly i cant find it so far. Another large blue one is just like papaya, but blue. i am on the waiting list for the large blue one, wery difficult to find here and slow to grow. i do have good results with papaya now, after 2 fails due to insufficient nutrients. now i dose ammonium nitrate. before that i started dosing nitrate and they took off. i am glad they did because it is a major money maker. erradication? what r u talking about? just pill the stolon with froceps, glue to the plug and sell. easy, fast and nice. also i still have a lot of area for them to cover, i love them and planned plenty of space for them in my tank. i also have a pink one, it is indestractible but dull, i consider geting rid of it because of lack of color, pinkish similar to pulsing xenia but heads are larger and way easyer to control as it doesnt fly off.

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't keep those simple beginner corals either. :grimacing-face:

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may try it and see how it goes.
my firework cloves are the favorite of any girl who comes over, (i think they like the pink in them), but they are growing faster than anything else in my tank. i dose phyto too. i make a mixture of live phyto plankton, and mix with either reef roids or benepets, and they love it. i use all for reef during day and kalkwasser at night for ph. i think they also grew faster once i switched from the instant ocean salt to red sea pro. i just like that red sea pro ICP tests all their salt, and you can view their ICP's. alot of other salt brands dont have that kind of standard. the trace minerals in all for reef and or red sea pro is a must have.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 189 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back