Share Your Pics From Work

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a land surveyor in NYC, as a result I have gotten some pretty cool pictures over the years while at work. It got me thinking about what others get to see while working...

Just took this one from my parking spot today, street parking in Times Square:
20190301_074405.jpg

Last edited:

Gerald Garcia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a land surveyor in NYC, as a result I have gotten some pretty cool pictures over the years while at work. It got me thinking about what others get to see while working...

Just took this one from my parking spot today, street parking in Times Square:
20190301_074405.jpg
Hey buddy, we are neighbors! I'm from Brooklyn and use to work in upper manhattan. 2nd Ave and 62nd St at the UPS Store.

I'm happy to see another reefer so close to me from here. Hope one day we could meet and share tips.
Have a bless day!
Cheers!!

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Gerald, thanks for the reply. It is always nice to see someone else from the local area here on R2R. I'm actually working in Brooklyn today, DUMBO area.

20190319_102101.jpg
Took this one a week or 2 ago, FDR drive and 41st street. I believe it's a falcon that was introduced to help curb the rat and pigeon population. That building behind it was in one of the spiderman movies, area is called Tudor City.

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190117_132119.jpg
Not really "at work" but from my car otw home. I worked up the street and drove through this intersection a few dozen times without recognizing this famous building :rolleyes:

20190228_124836.jpg
This is from that theater, had to crawl out that hole and over those planks. was a 25' drop below lol.

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a forklift. Yippie, every day for the last 14 years.

20171221_102037.jpg

I give you a lot of credit, working on machines/vehicles is really tough on the body. My only experience is with my own cars, just did a spark plug change in a 2014 Audi last weekend... my fingers still hurt.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a General Foreman Electrical construction in Manhattan for 40 years. The top picture is me installing lights on top of the Plaza Hotel. That is Central Park below me. The lower picture I am Cad welding a ground cable on a NYC garbage incinerator. I am the good looking one with the white helmit on the left.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My office 20180506_175026.jpg

That's really cool SB, I've been jealous of the heavy equip operators many times on job sites, but from what they say it's got it's drawbacks too. Looks a lot nicer than pounding survey stakes out in the mud though lol.

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a General Foreman construction in Manhattan for 40 years. The top picture is me installing lights on top of the Plaza Hotel. That is Central Park below me. The lower picture I am Cad welding a ground cable on a NYC garbage incinerator. I am the good looking one with the white helmit on the left.

Hey Paul, that's a great shot on the Plaza. Did you have to climb down to that level or there was access? OSHA would be glad to see the fall protection lol. Steel jobs are my least favorite, on one today up at Columbia business school. Really tough to keep axis lines straight when working on the metal deck before a pour. You were in the IBEW right?

Dual40IM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give you a lot of credit, working on machines/vehicles is really tough on the body. My only experience is with my own cars, just did a spark plug change in a 2014 Audi last weekend... my fingers still hurt.
I hate working on newer vehicles. Forklifts aren't too bad believe it or not. Would not want touch anything under the hood of an Audi. LOL

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rjukan
I surveyed 53 miles of the international border between Canada and the USA just north of Beavercreek, Yukon. Only one week training using a Trimble GPS system. I told the owner of the company if the line is not straight it was his fault for cutting me loose after such a short training period. See if I can dig up pictures. Absolutely amazing ground to cover....like walking on a stair climber on steroids! Suck the knee high boots right off your feet! Helicopter to the line every day just to start work and having to cut landing zones with a Sthil tree trimmer's saw and a machete. The last time the boundary was cut in that area was over twenty years ago. Two man crew that staked middle line and 10' on each side so a cutting crew could clear a 20' border line.

I was more amazed by the 5' brass monuments buried in 3' x 3' concrete boxes place over 100 years ago using chain gains and the old survey equipment and doing the math in their heads. Most of the monuments were 0,0 some were shifted 3/10" and a couple had fallen into the eroded river banks. Now those men were true surveyors! Hauled the brass monuments with donkeys and set the concrete for the cones in who knows what kind of weather.

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was out of work for a few months in 2011, had a 1yr old and 4 yr old at the time. Did the household duties and it's much harder than I was expecting, and I knew it wasn't easy. Hats off to you and all who handle that (sometimes) thankless job. Great pic btw lol.

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't take pics here either. But, it would just be a picture of two monitors one with geek stuff and the other with R2R on it. LOL!

yep our 1980 German ERP system and R2R pretty much

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back