SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still in a dilemma about the minor leak in the S650

Ive applied CT1 sealant along the seal about 4 times, and every time it’s fine for a few days, and then a tiny streak/drip appears down the glass on the front left hand side. Only minor and probably causes about 1/2 teaspoon of water on the floor. So a minor leak.

Every time I’ve sealed it, the water seems to find its way to the end of the seal and comes down there………

I am in a real dilemma, each evening I have the 2 tanks and it’s magical, and I can’t decide wether to just leave it because it’s very minor (at the moment), buy a new custom build tank to replace it, or just move the fish into the large system and shut it down.

Most of the fish are large now especially the emperor, so they would like it In there.

My only hesitation on a new tank, It would be a smaller version of the large system, is we now go away more often, sometimes for 3 weeks or so (Spain) with the dog, and I don’t know if I can be bothered setting another one up and then the stress of leaving them and worrying…..

With some modifications to the large system sump and pipe work, I could just create a single system but with 2 displays. I looked at this last year, linking the current 2 together, but the S650 pipe work (Red Sea’s) was not exactly ideal and there were risks modifying it, so I decided to leave it alone.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 for getting new same or... bigger tank, we only live once right... ;)
plus i love spending other people's money...:grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
about due for some pics ehh...:)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8806.jpeg

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I think the stress of the leak while abroad would be worse though right?
Maybe…..! lol

I always dread the dreaded Apex notification of some doom event when I step off the plane, or just sit down for a beer at the hotel!

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still in a dilemma about the minor leak in the S650

Ive applied CT1 sealant along the seal about 4 times, and every time it’s fine for a few days, and then a tiny streak/drip appears down the glass on the front left hand side. Only minor and probably causes about 1/2 teaspoon of water on the floor. So a minor leak.

Every time I’ve sealed it, the water seems to find its way to the end of the seal and comes down there………

I am in a real dilemma, each evening I have the 2 tanks and it’s magical, and I can’t decide wether to just leave it because it’s very minor (at the moment), buy a new custom build tank to replace it, or just move the fish into the large system and shut it down.

Most of the fish are large now especially the emperor, so they would like it In there.

My only hesitation on a new tank, It would be a smaller version of the large system, is we now go away more often, sometimes for 3 weeks or so (Spain) with the dog, and I don’t know if I can be bothered setting another one up and then the stress of leaving them and worrying…..

With some modifications to the large system sump and pipe work, I could just create a single system but with 2 displays. I looked at this last year, linking the current 2 together, but the S650 pipe work (Red Sea’s) was not exactly ideal and there were risks modifying it, so I decided to leave it alone.

Mate, given the travelling you do, it would make sense to simplify maintenance. Be that one tank or two, one filtration system is definitely what you need!

Whatever you do, sort that ticking timebomb before it sets the schedule for you!

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The three bommie aquascape is really disappearing with the growth you're getting mate! Beautiful!:star-struck:
Yes it’s definitely grown some!

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I mention I’d been to Germany at Christmas, we drove over from the UK via Calais for 5 days.

It’s about a 6 1/2 hour drive (so just down the road by many standards!) from Calais Ferry port

We stayed in Landau and then drove to Heidelberg to visit their market there.

We went to a Greek restaurant as well. Now if you had asked me what type of food Greek was, I would have been very ‘ignorant’ and said goats cheese or something because I’m well, ‘ignorant’! lol. I clearly forgot about kebabs and things which are delightful….

And the markets sold all sorts in fact every other stand was a food stall, sausages, grilled meats……

If you get chance it’s well worth a visit for any trips to Europe.

IMG_1016.jpeg
IMG_1045.jpeg
IMG_1056.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back