2   0   0
P2150135.jpg

P2150130.jpg

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see the blue spottted leopard and the female bipartitus last night. They popped up out of the sand around 10 and 1:00AM, so I gave them VHO's for a few hours so they could roam the tank. I feel like Ive got a baby, setting an alarm for every two hours to check for the male bipartitus... I'm happy to see them moving around and looking good, though:).

I know what you mean. I've been the same way with every new fish besides gobies, no way I'm finding those in 87 lbs of rock at night. Glad to hear they're doing well. :)

Nice solorensises or whatever the plural is. I'm liking them more each time I see one.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm bummed today. The blue spotted spent the day swimming around Sunday. I figured I was past the first hump (it was eating cyclopeez, too). Monday, it didn't come out of the sand until late in the day, then started the death shudders and darting. The gills looked distended. I haven't seen the female bipartitus since she came out Saturday night/Sunday morning...

I did finallt get a shot of my meleagris.

meleagris01.jpg

I added the lineatus and exquisitus pair to the display tonight, so I hope to be able to get better pics of them soon.

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that about the blue-spotted girl. Hopefully she shows up (swimming) but it sounds bad. Nice meleagris, though.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the name of that last one? I like it.

I just realized it probably isn't reef safe, that is why I haven't seen it where I am looking.

Last edited:

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a yellowtail coris wrasse transforming into its adult coloration. I've read they're safe around corals, but might eat hermits and stuff and rearrange rockwork when they get bigger.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This big boy popped up for me this morning. He has a nice belly on him, but can't have eaten much lately. I've seen him picking, but I need to find some more live food (not an easy thing to do in Montgomery, Al...). This is the first time I've seen him since I put him in a couple of weeks ago (he went in with the female and the blue spotted leopard). I've got to figure out how to keep the purple tang off of him, though... I hope he makes it:).

mM-bipartitus01.jpg

mM-bipartitus02.jpg

mM-bipartitus03.jpg

mM-bipartitus04.jpg

mM-bipartitus05.jpg

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a Napolean Wrasse I saw in Bora Bora. It is over 500lbs and is the size of a small car.

As close as I could to shoot him. I swam pretty close, but wasnt camera ready.

PICT0412-1.jpg

Checkerboards in Moorea.

PICT0171.jpg

PICT0183.jpg

PICT0172.jpg

Bird Wrasse in Moorea
PICT0147.jpg

BlueHead Wrasse in Moorea
PICT0113.jpg

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a couple of new guys last week. My first flasher wrasse, a McCoskers and a fairly new fairy to hit the market, a Cebu Pylei's wrasse.
6816874e.jpg

0ca2838e.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back