Sick P. Squamipinnis

cabral.leonardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone (once again). Since yesterday, my P. squamipinnis has been hiding, lost its coloration, and is not feeding. It's not gasping for air, actually it seems like its breathing is slower. I feed a varied diet, with Vitalis pellets, fish balls, Artemia, and spirulina. All other fish are fine, eating and active. Parameters are stable, corals are fine, I had an issue with dinoflagellates recently, but it's under control. I don't see anything bothering it. Should I take action? Do something?

I would appreciate any help!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone (once again). Since yesterday, my P. squamipinnis has been hiding, lost its coloration, and is not feeding. It's not gasping for air, actually it seems like its breathing is slower. I feed a varied diet, with Vitalis pellets, fish balls, Artemia, and spirulina. All other fish are fine, eating and active. Parameters are stable, corals are fine, I had an issue with dinoflagellates recently, but it's under control. I don't see anything bothering it. Should I take action? Do something?

I would appreciate any help!
Hi, we need a clear video, list of tankmates, how long you’ve had the fish, etc.

This post explains all that:

OP
OP
cabral.leonardo

cabral.leonardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, we need a clear video, list of tankmates, how long you’ve had the fish, etc.

This post explains all that:
Great! Thank you for the response, I'm new here in the forum and it has been very helpful for me.

From yesterday to today, the fish woke up well, it's already active and eating, maybe it just had a bad day. Next time, I'll follow these steps. Thanks once again!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back