Skittles bomb Cyphastrea help

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My skittles bomb Cyphastrea looks very meh. It essentially looks white with black polyps. The polyps open and extend but it doesn’t have any of the beautiful colors. Any suggestions? It is sitting on a ledge with little light near a different Cyphastrea that looks stunning. All the other cyphastreas in my tank are super happy and growing. Any thoughts other than moving it around? If you have one, where do you have it placed in your tank. I have a PAR meter so if you know PAR for yours please let me know what that is. Thanks!

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 to 75 par with solid flow. Give it a little time to adjust.
Thanks for the response. That’s about where mine is PAR wise. I think it gets decent flow in the spot where it is sitting but not a ton. It’s been at that same spot for about 6 weeks. It seems happy in the sense that the polyps are definitely out and I’m looking at it now and it seems to be coming off the plug and starting to encrust on the rock so I’m assuming that means it doesn’t hate life it’s just very lack luster right now. I’ll keep waiting. Thank you!

BQ5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. That’s about where mine is PAR wise. I think it gets decent flow in the spot where it is sitting but not a ton. It’s been at that same spot for about 6 weeks. It seems happy in the sense that the polyps are definitely out and I’m looking at it now and it seems to be coming off the plug and starting to encrust on the rock so I’m assuming that means it doesn’t hate life it’s just very lack luster right now. I’ll keep waiting. Thank you!
Any luck getting some better color out of this? I'm having a similar problem. Mine has been a meh brown color since I've gotten it.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck getting some better color out of this? I'm having a similar problem. Mine has been a meh brown color since I've gotten it.
Mine has been coloring up beautifully. Still not completely to having the full color but close. Patience and around 250 par did it for me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back