Sneak Peek! ArtFully Acrylic Drop Off - Reef Crest AIO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Regalgs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the 140 gal is $8000.00 we can assume the 17 will be $1,000.00

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the 140 gal is $8000.00 we can assume the 17 will be $1,000.00
I don't think it works like that. The 140g takes a thicker acrylic which costs a lot more.

Their 16g is only 290.

koifishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll put this on my list of tanks to consider. I want to buy a tank within 6 months, have it be an AIO, and 30 gallons or less.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it works like that. The 140g takes a thicker acrylic which costs a lot more.

Their 16g is only 290.

Lol I never expected pricing guesses to start popping out like that lol.

The $8000 140gal tank mentioned is not from us and it is built with 3/4" glass.

Our 16gal AIO is $290 and built with 1/4" acrylic.

This 17gal Reef Crest model is built with 1/2" acrylic to support its rimless design. Pricing? Way way less than $8k and understandably more expensive than our 16gal AIO ;).

I like guessing games though. But we will have pricing out as soon as we can. I'd like to say that it will be competitive, but there is nothing for these to compete with on the market at this time. But surely we will make sure to keep it affordable. That's part of why pricing isn't out yet. Still working on wrenching that down some. Drop off tanks are complicated in design as it is. We just took that design complication and made it a production level AIO Dropoff. Even more complicated, yet rewarding.

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to buy one what would be some issues i would need to think about as opposed to a standard tank? and then solutions.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to buy one what would be some issues i would need to think about as opposed to a standard tank? and then solutions.

Very good question Malira!! Dropoff's typically require a very custom stand in order to properly support them. These however, as you see, sit perfectly on any table large enough for their footprint so that takes care of that! Outside of that, the biggest "issue" if you can call it that would be the aquascaping to maintain the Reef Crest/Drop Off look. Small pieces of rock make this the easiest of course and incorporation of a flat piece or two also helps. Aquascaping is, I feel, a very personal thing. However, we do plan to offer pre-configured rockscapes for those that don't want to scape it themselves. You can make some of the most striking effects, like any tank, if you incorporate support rods into the rock to give it more structure and depth.

Outside of that, the only other unique issue is selecting your livestock appropriately. Depending on the lighting you use, you may most likely have a strong amount of light on the top of the crest with a diminishing level of light down the drop. However, this issue isn't really all that big as this particular model is only 18" tall so light variation shouldn't change much more in depth than it does with any other tank at the same height. Obviously rock work jutting out at the peak of the drop can cause added shadowing down below depending on how your light sits, but again....this is part of the fun of the setup =).

In the event that you decide you want to add a powerhead to the tank you can do so easily. In fact, if you don't opt for the drawer, and you are using an MP10, you can quite nicely hide the wetside behind the rockwork helping maintain the clean uncluttered effect in your tank. Other powerheads can be hidden a bit, but require more effort with a larger amount of space taken inside the tank compared to the MP10s. That said, the main supply pump in this 17gal system pushes up to (variable flow control) 317gph so should be more than adequate for most peoples needs.

Take my money!!!! Take it now!

LOL we would LOVE to!! Hold on to it. Don't spend it yet. Bury it in the ground or give it to a trusted friend for safekeeping. That way, when we release pricing and open the first pre-order you will still be ready =). Pricing coming soon. First pre-order series shortly thereafter.

Also love that this was your very first post on R2R!! Welcome!!

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the share! Tom also has a thread here on Reef2Reef highlighting that tank which he posted a couple weeks ago. It doesn't have the 3 year tenure and over 12k views that the WAMAS post does however ;P. But for reference, it can be found here. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tpallas-33g-artfully-acrylic-dropoff-sps-tank.221990/

Will we see one (or two) in the next WAMAS raffle?

Not sure. It's a possibility. We shall have to see =).

OrangeGoblin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to subscribe. More is coming...

Oh I 'am! You guys are shaking up the industry!

Before I just wanted two tanks, now I'm wanting three total... In time, in time...

This would be such a sick Anemone/clownfish tank with a NPS cliff / drop off!!!

Or even a SPS upper with a LPS lower...
fe7c5bb1256fcb8aaed53641ba6373aca79a3c9e028b98ed24c5f009093b0e07_:original

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it... I was just thinking about getting a drop off tank these past couple of days, checked your website and now you have answered!!! I like how your AIO drop off can be used on any flat surface. The best part is the nano would be shipped without a freight deliver surcharge.

Questions: Could the Pico model also be shipped via UPS or FedEx as well? I'm thinking the larger model may require freight shipment, but that is just a guess on my end.

With your three standard models will there be other acrylic color choices and will all models be rimless? Black gives the best depth perception though. :D

Thanks for creating three standard models and looking to buy one shortly. Would of bought it yesterday if the prices were available. :)

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back