some new pick ups....

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw a very interesting stag colony at the LFS this past weekend.......I didn't want to bite on the entire colony, so they cut me a frag off of it.

i've never really seen a stag w/ blue polyps before, the coral looked a bit bleached and lacks much color, but looks like it will turn into a teal color possibly. (looks a bit ticked off in the pic b/c i glued it a couple hours before hand)

IMG_2131.jpg

These next 3 pickups came from LiveAquaria. I normally don't get corals from them b/c they are so expensive, but last Friday they had a huge mark down on their maricultured stuff, and put up some knock out species that I've been looking for.

Samoensis.....just have to wait to see how this will do. in all honesty....I don't even think they gave me the right colony.....as the structure in the pic just doesn't match up with what I got.....oh well.

samoensis.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maricultured Loripes #1. I'm very impressed with these. Accurate color is very hard to pick up in the pictures b/c the tips GLOW. The tips are mostly blue which fades into a purple.

loripes2.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good; i suggest you lay the second one horizontally, which looks to me to be how it was growing in nature before being chopped up and stuck onto the bottle cap stones.

i'm pretty sure yours and mine came off the same wild colony; ive got mine turned on its side and i think all the purple tips will soon be blue.

P1016484.jpg

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how far up do you have yours?

i've got both of mine up near the very top. but i really like how they look like they will have completely different growth forms.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine's about halfway up in the 180, so its under the 400's, but in very heavy flow

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back