OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to know. My holy grail is doing a little rough and I think it is getting stung by the other torches and definitely don’t want to lose it.
I have about a dozen in close proximity to each other, I think that they can handle other torches well. Perhaps there may be other reasons to why your torch is ailing?

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just did my second dose of the V3 paste last night. Acros seemed very happy to have it! I like it so far even though it may be too early to tell good or bad. I only have a 75g so this will last me for a while but so far I see myself purchasing again.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about a dozen in close proximity to each other, I think that they can handle other torches well. Perhaps there may be other reasons to why your torch is ailing?
It was doing great until I moved it over closer to the other torches. Also could be the flow, it was getting hammered pretty good( acro tank ) and I moved it over out of high flow.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was doing great until I moved it over closer to the other torches. Also could be the flow, it was getting hammered pretty good( acro tank ) and I moved it over out of high flow.
Wishing for a speedy recovery! I find that torches like a gentle upwelling flow. Luckily I haven’t had any torch maladies or bjd outbreaks for a good part of a decade now. Even while handling wild specimens.

Most issues in the past for me were diagnosed to be simple trace element deficiencies. Which led to the slow decline of a few polyps, but other than that my experience and success with them has been very positive

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
4F145934-8745-4CB2-8B10-06AEEE3C610A.jpeg

1-2 weeks of yummy skimmate!

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wishing for a speedy recovery! I find that torches like a gentle upwelling flow. Luckily I haven’t had any torch maladies or bjd outbreaks for a good part of a decade now. Even while handling wild specimens.

Most issues in the past for me were diagnosed to be simple trace element deficiencies. Which led to the slow decline of a few polyps, but other than that my experience and success with them has been very positive
I haven’t lost a torch in 20 years but also haven’t paid what I did for the grail and of course it’s the one that’s finicky lol

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t lost a torch in 20 years but also haven’t paid what I did for the grail and of course it’s the one that’s finicky lol
Always!

Only the most cherished colorful piece will have issues. This holds true with anemones also. Hehe.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine last weekend, have done 3 feedings - definite improvements in polyp extension... however i've been struggling to keep my phosphates up to begin with lately and this hasn't helped with that so i'm trying to get phosphates back up...

Everything seems to like it/ have improvements but my two gonis have been off since starting it and one has been closed since sometime after the initial dose. Not sure what's up with them and may be unrelated. (I tried dipping one after a couple days of being closed with no improvements).

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything seems to like it/ have improvements but my two gonis have been off since starting it and one has been closed since sometime after the initial dose.
My Goni has become more fully open and used to completely contract at night. Now it’s staying more open. Here’s a before from a few days ago. I’ll get an after pic soon.

IMG_3011.jpeg
IMG_3009.jpeg

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an SBB Mango Tango 45-1hr after concotion

Procedures:
Baby bottle sterilizer for 1000mL container and magnetic stirrer
Microwave 700mL RODI 2min
Pour RODI
Add 25g RSCP
Mix, let cool to 90^F
Add 1tsp reef roids
Add 1tsp ocean nutrition reef pulse
4 Capfuls aquavitro fuel
2 drops Aquaforest NP pro
3 Capfuls microbacter7
5g Calcium Carbonate
Mix for 5min
Place on heating pad set at 87^F
Aerate with airpump on a "low" setting with intentions of not enough air to create a boil/foam.
Place in refrigerator after 14hrs or so.

2ND recipe:
Same as above, replace microbacter7 with 1 vial biodigest

Observations:
Over the past 4 weeks I've noticed more coral with greater feeding response. Corals that have been exhibiting a feeding response appear to be exhibiting a stronger feeding response. Po4 remains lower than I prefer at .04 however nitrate has moved up from 2-5 to 10.
Both bacterias foster slight cyano growth, biodigest concotion greater amounts of cyano, in my tank.

- Growth tips appear to be less wirey on milli
- Coral as a whole has growth tips including existing coralites
- "Burnt tips" have reduced - new growth is quicker to skin
- Rate of growth appears to be higher end of above average
- PE during the day is best I've had, PE at night is extreme, for my tank.
- LPS and Zoas appear to be healthier and growing faster but less observant on that note

Below are a few short time frame pics to illustrate slight observable growth.

May 1 - present (scraper scalped the top)
1000034651.jpg

May 6 - Present
1000034653.jpg

May 1 - Present
1000034663.jpg

May 1 - Present
1000034675.jpg

Back