Speciosa ID

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get some help identifying this speciosa?
Teal color with yellow polyps, some streaks of yellow as well.

IMG_4092.jpeg

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately, very hard to identify and in your tank will turn different than how you bought it. good sellers will just list them as a specioca. I bought one all white and in my tank turned green base yellow/green polyps with a red ring around the polyps. I see venders adding their own names and selling the name for 5X the normal cost.

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately, very hard to identify and in your tank will turn different than how you bought it. good sellers will just list them as a specioca. I bought one all white and in my tank turned green base yellow/green polyps with a red ring around the polyps. I see venders adding their own names and selling the name for 5X the normal cost.
Yes Iv seen that a couple times. A guy at reef stock in Denver tried to sell me on a frag that was discounted due to needing colored up. Claiming it was RR Angry Bird, wanted $300 instead of $500 cause of color loss.
But with the Speciosa, it’s still a great piece, I just don’t have a name to tell people. No biggy.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Iv seen that a couple times. A guy at reef stock in Denver tried to sell me on a frag that was discounted due to needing colored up. Claiming it was RR Angry Bird, wanted $300 instead of $500 cause of color loss.
But with the Speciosa, it’s still a great piece, I just don’t have a name to tell people. No biggy.
Unfortunately that’s not how it works and it will never be a “named” Speciosa because there is no lineage to the original of whatever the name may be. But you can give it your own name. Very nice coral you have there. Speciosa are currently my favorite.

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that’s not how it works and it will never be a “named” Speciosa because there is no lineage to the original of whatever the name may be. But you can give it your own name. Very nice coral you have there. Speciosa are currently my favorite.
Yea I can understand that. Right now they are what I’m on the hunt for. I went on a mission for a few months to collect as many recognizable and nice acro frags I could. I’d say I have about 45 different acros currently. Speciosa is what I’m slim on. Only got the one.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back