sps dip

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for ways to keep my corals as healthy as possible. I'm curious to know what kind of dip and QT people are using with their sps corals?

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TMPCC,Interceptor and FWE... Those 3 I use everytime I get new sps. It works for me. My SPS will be brown after the TMPCC dip but Im happy and have a peace of mind... :)

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I float them on my tank I will drop some really realy tiny Intreceptor (crushed) for about 20 mins then I turkey blast them while they are on the bag . I have a water on another bucket with TMPCC and dip them for 15 minutes and also turkey blast em.. This is how I treat my corals and some people have their own ways and hope they can chime in.

HTH

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone cut the base off of aquacultured pieces? I was told to do that just in case there are eggs in the rock.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes .. That is true as those eggs will not die on the dipping procedure.. Cut it off the attached it to your LR or your own rubble...

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and make sure to get the pills for the large dogs.

And if you are going to order some, I can split the 12 pack with you. I'll need some for backup. LMK. Thanks.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldnt bother dipping corals already in your tank in interceptor, you need to just treat the entire tank with interceptor, i just did it this past weekend and it killed all signs of red bugs.

didnt see too many pods die, and my cleaner shrimp survived.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure

TMPCC wont kill red bugs.

but just in case, you should check over your tricolors for red bugs, since those are usually the first acros to show signs IMO. i found out i had them about a month ago, and i was VERY careful not to get them into my tank. so its possible you may have got a few from me since i didnt know at the time i sent you stuff.

just randomly saw like 3 bugs on the ORA german blue polyp. probably the only way to see them is through a super zoomed in photo, or putting the coral up against the front glass when looking at it. they are VERY tiny.

i didnt have many, so i go lucky.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a close up pic of the tricolor. See any red bugs?
purpletipstag.jpg

Last edited:

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read somewhere that redbugs aren't actually red...but almost a yellowish...anyone have any pics of know what the deal is?

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are more yellow with a reddish head. I noticed them about a year ago December. I saw a Mike Paletta blue in a local reefers tank and it looks great, so I started wondering why mine looked like crap. Got home and spotted them. Once you see them, you can spot them with the naked eye if they are close enough to the glass (within 4" or so).

Here are some shots from when I treated (taken with the poor mans macro-digital zoom and a magnifying glass:)).
eae6b9d7.jpg

HPIM4516.jpg

HPIM4515.jpg

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i never had any negative problems with my corals, so i noticed them way before they had done any damage.

i noticed them mostly on the undersides of branches away from the bright light. take the frag and put it up close to the glass (still under water), and rotate the coral to get a look at the undersides of branches that dont get much light (the color of the coral skin will look lighter colored due to lack of light), they usually hide there the most IME. be sure to turn the pumps off when you do it.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back