• 20231103_201138.jpg
    20231103_201138.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 116

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that’s my kind of tank, full colonies! Looks amazing, any more shots?
Thanks man. It's a 300xl mixed reef. Red sea tank red sea doser red sea skimmer red sea blue bucket salt red sea 2part with echotech raidons lights and AI nero 5s for flow controled by neptune apex. I use the reef blueprint program for trace elements. Alkalinity 8.3 calcium 440 magnesium 1400 .I keep things as simple as possible and corals grow.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. It's a 300xl mixed reef. Red sea tank red sea doser red sea skimmer red sea blue bucket salt red sea 2part with echotech raidons lights and AI nero 5s for flow controled by neptune apex. I use the reef blueprint program for trace elements. Alkalinity 8.3 calcium 440 magnesium 1400 .I keep things as simple as possible and corals grow.
Which radions? G6 or G5? Pro or blues

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using AI?
No
I wish I was. The LEDs started going out so I went with the radion g6 pros. I’m not getting the great colors I did with my old hydras. I believe the 9” rms tank mounts are just too close to the water and causing tip bleaching. Not burnt just pale. So I’m going to switch to the xr30 blue with the new more focused lens and build a 16” mount. Thats what my old hydras were mounted at.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No
I wish I was. The LEDs started going out so I went with the radion g6 pros. I’m not getting the great colors I did with my old hydras. I believe the 9” rms tank mounts are just too close to the water and causing tip bleaching. Not burnt just pale. So I’m going to switch to the xr30 blue with the new more focused lens and build a 16” mount. Thats what my old hydras were mounted at.
This is good to know. In 2024 I’m going to finally make the switch from T5/ReefBrite to LEDs. However, I use a canopy so I’m limited on mounting height.

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No
What's up Charlie. How you doing man.

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanging in there bud. Just closed the books on another Christmas. How are you?
Same here bro. Just did a quick water change and getting ready for new year. I want to try and sell some corals this year. I'm sure you know how it is when things seem to grow so fast you can't keep up. It's a blessing but I'm running out of room. I need a bigger tank. Hopefully this year I'll be able to upgrade. I want a bigger tank like yours. I want you to know that you inspired me to grow sps. Looking at your sps photos gave me the motivation to do it myself. Thanks for motivating me to get to the next level man. Have a great new year buddy.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here bro. Just did a quick water change and getting ready for new year. I want to try and sell some corals this year. I'm sure you know how it is when things seem to grow so fast you can't keep up. It's a blessing but I'm running out of room. I need a bigger tank. Hopefully this year I'll be able to upgrade. I want a bigger tank like yours. I want you to know that you inspired me to grow sps. Looking at your sps photos gave me the motivation to do it myself. Thanks for motivating me to get to the next level man. Have a great new year buddy.
Thank you for the kind words and congratulations on your amazing acros. It’s a really cool feeling knowing that I helped inspire you. Keep up the good work

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back