Starting 10 gallon. Can I keep 1 clown and a bta?

baileejo40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 32 biocube, about a year old, but I just started cycling a 10 gallon. Can I keep 1 clown and a bta in the 10 gallon? Also, any lighting recommendations? I was thinking the 50w nicrew or maybe the 100w? Will these support a bta? I am super unsure of trying to keep a bta, this is why I am preferring to try in the 10g and not my biocube. I really want to have a clown host a bta. Is this reasonable in a 10g?
Thanks in advance! :)

wonroc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether its a 10g or a 100g, the clownd will seclude themselves to one small spot of the tank. That is if its not empty of coral, rock.
Ive kept 2 mating clowns and a yellow goby in a 10g for a year. And everyday when i get home they compliment me on their home

OP
OP
baileejo40

baileejo40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether its a 10g or a 100g, the clownd will seclude themselves to one small spot of the tank. That is if its not empty of coral, rock.
Ive kept 2 mating clowns and a yellow goby in a 10g for a year. And everyday when i get home they compliment me on their home
Okay, interesting. I've noticed my pair of clowns in my 32g have "their" spot! I know clowns are super popular and kind of like a "beginner" fish but I just love them. I might attempt to put one in the 10g and see if it's happy

Genetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the clown. Ocellaris would be the best choice followed by perculas. I had two in a 7g that seemed very happy at one point.

Back