Stay safe Alberta!!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG that is a crazy and terrifying pic! Is your brother evacuating?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is intense, and terrifying to see, let alone being in it. As @kschweer was saying, I also watch on the new last night and let hope the get some rain and to all of you Canadians up there, stay safe

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother runs one of the oil camps, so he's actually at the camp taking in evacuees. The fire is 40km away from his actual home. He said is was exhausted as they have been "Working around the clock. We have been feeding and housing 3000+ a day, medivac the sick, sheltering animals, arranging meds, and now getting them in planes out of the area".

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother runs one of the oil camps, so he's actually at the camp taking in evacuees. He said is was exhausted as they have been "Working around the clock. We have been feeding and housing 3000+ a day, medivac the sick, sheltering animals, arranging meds, and now getting them in planes out of the area".
That is a big job. One thing I did notice is people were pulling together and helping each other out.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet he's wishing he hadn't taken that promotion right about now!! I wouldn't want that on my shoulders.

reefmania59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is amazing how people come together in times of crisis. I have been closely following the news of the fires. There are many amazing stories of how people are helping each other in the affected areas.

Those of us who do not live in Alberta are doing our part too. Canadians have donated over $30 million dollars to the Red Cross in just 3 days. Not bad for a country of 33 million people. Just this morning I saw that 2 big name breweries are shutting down beer production for 1 week and bottling water to send to Alberta. Businesses all over the country are donating portions of their sales to aid those who have been left homeless. It is events like these that show me humanity is fine, dispite our differences. Canadians are tough and all will pull through. (Face it, in Canada 55 degrees is shorts weather :) )

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of 1 company near me that is wanting to send supplies up there but right now the logistics are hard to work out. Called not enough transport into the area.

reefmania59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They opened up route 63 this morning. This is the single main road through Fort Mac to the oil camps. I think it will take a while before transport can get up to speed.

People are still scattered because the evacuation remains in effect.

I hope it wont be too long before transport can move. Whatever those supplies may be, I am sure residents from the area could use it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back