Sump baffle question

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, excuse the silly question and I believe the answer is yes but don't want to assume. See pic of my max water line mark in my sump. This is before baffles. I'm getting ready to add my baffles. My first baffles is 14" tall about 4-5" from the top the rest of the baffles are 12" and another that is adjustable to 12". So once I put the baffles in and fill the tank is it ok for the water to raise on the drain side to 14" and spill over into fuge and then spill over 12" to skimmer chamber and then 12" into return pump or can the baffles be a max of 10" which is my water line. I believe it will work the first way I mentioned but again want to be sure.

16969929240365031172099019095049.jpg

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s actually the point, to raise the water level in those sections. The other reason is to keep those sections a consistent water level during operation, for a skimmer for example. All good, carry on.

OP
OP
F

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s actually the point, to raise the water level in those sections. The other reason is to keep those sections a consistent water level during operation, for a skimmer for example. All good, carry on.
Ok that's what I thought. And btw your stand plans are great the stand is built to hold 10 elephants lol. Making it look easy holding my 220 gal full of water.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back