T-Slot Aluminum Stand for 250 gallon Tank

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to run the numbers (pounds per square inch) of what the entire set up is going to put on those feet vs. what the Dricore is rated at.

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to run the numbers (pounds per square inch) of what the entire set up is going to put on those feet vs. what the Dricore is rated at.
The dricore claims to support 6600 lbs./sq. foot so that should be more than enough to handle the pressure from the leveling feet. Unless I'm not understanding how to determine the amount of weight each caster would put on the floor.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dricore claims to support 6600 lbs./sq. foot so that should be more than enough to handle the pressure from the leveling feet. Unless I'm not understanding how to determine the amount of weight each caster would put on the floor.

You need to know the load on each foot and its total contact surface area. Let’s say it has 2 in.² for easy math. If that’s the case you need to divide 6600 by 72

Sassafras

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was concerned about the weight too, in my case it was per adjustable foot. I was more about the rating of the foot (or castor), since I am on a concrete basement floor. In any case, this is how I evaluated the weight limit, using the 6600 lb. dricore limit and 2 in² area of castor example.

6600 lbs/ft² limit
Conversion to lbs/in² = 6600 lbs / 144 in² = 46 lbs/in²
My loading = 6600 lbs / 2 in² = 3300 lbs/in²
3300 lbs/in² > 46 lbs/in² = exceeds load limit

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, but the devils in the details!:eek: I did run the numbers and you will be exceeding the load capabilities of the Dricore according to their website information. The weight I used was just water weight alone. Your actual set up will be considerably heavier with the stand, equipment and rocks. With that being said, I have never used Dricore and do not have any firsthand knowledge as to if it will squish down and spread out if it is installed directly over a cement pad. But I'm pretty sure that the vinyl flooring probably will. Over time it may reek havoc on your leveling.
Numbers run FYI,
tank = 72"x36"x24" = ~2,289 lbs. water weight

sump = 60"x18"x18"= 715 lbs. water weight
(to hold ~ 60 gallons = 510 lbs. water weight)

Max water weight alone = 3,004 lbs.

80 mm diameter adjustable foot from tnutz = 7.791 Sq.in.

If using;
4 adjustable feet = 751 lbs/foot = 96.393 lbs/sq.in.
6 adjustable feet = 500.666 lbs/foot = 64.2 lbs/sq.in.
8 adjustable feet = 375.5 lbs/foot = 48.20 lbs/sq.in.

Dricore subfloor max 6,642 lbs/sq.ft.
= 46.125 lbs/sq.in.

(Dricore Subfloor R+ max 3,153 lbs/sq.ft.
= 21.896 lbs/sq.in.)

The reason I brought up all this is because almost all people want to use leveling feet. Sometimes that can cause more problems (and damage) if the flooring type is not taken into consideration. This is why my personal preference is to not use leveling feet at all unless on a straight cement slab. Any leveling needed can be accomplished by adjusting the length of the vertical pieces.
Using the numbers above, if you were make the stand out of 1.5" extruded aluminum and place the stand (beams) directly on the floor, you would have an effective contact area of approximately 167 sq.in. which would create 17.98 lbs/sq.in..
:thinking-face:And blah blah this and blah blah that....:sleeping-face::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Bottom line, your tank, your choice. Have fun!

OP
OP
radav88

radav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, but the devils in the details!:eek: I did run the numbers and you will be exceeding the load capabilities of the Dricore according to their website information. The weight I used was just water weight alone. Your actual set up will be considerably heavier with the stand, equipment and rocks. With that being said, I have never used Dricore and do not have any firsthand knowledge as to if it will squish down and spread out if it is installed directly over a cement pad. But I'm pretty sure that the vinyl flooring probably will. Over time it may reek havoc on your leveling.
Numbers run FYI,
tank = 72"x36"x24" = ~2,289 lbs. water weight

sump = 60"x18"x18"= 715 lbs. water weight
(to hold ~ 60 gallons = 510 lbs. water weight)

Max water weight alone = 3,004 lbs.

80 mm diameter adjustable foot from tnutz = 7.791 Sq.in.

If using;
4 adjustable feet = 751 lbs/foot = 96.393 lbs/sq.in.
6 adjustable feet = 500.666 lbs/foot = 64.2 lbs/sq.in.
8 adjustable feet = 375.5 lbs/foot = 48.20 lbs/sq.in.

Dricore subfloor max 6,642 lbs/sq.ft.
= 46.125 lbs/sq.in.

(Dricore Subfloor R+ max 3,153 lbs/sq.ft.
= 21.896 lbs/sq.in.)

The reason I brought up all this is because almost all people want to use leveling feet. Sometimes that can cause more problems (and damage) if the flooring type is not taken into consideration. This is why my personal preference is to not use leveling feet at all unless on a straight cement slab. Any leveling needed can be accomplished by adjusting the length of the vertical pieces.
Using the numbers above, if you were make the stand out of 1.5" extruded aluminum and place the stand (beams) directly on the floor, you would have an effective contact area of approximately 167 sq.in. which would create 17.98 lbs/sq.in..
:thinking-face:And blah blah this and blah blah that....:sleeping-face::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Bottom line, your tank, your choice. Have fun!
Thank you. This is why I asked. I definitely was misunderstanding how to make those calculations. I definitely have more planning/thinking to do.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back